Viewing Own Topics

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
Tommy Duque

Viewing Own Topics

Post by Tommy Duque » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello friends, this is my first time here. Before posting this question to you gents, I searched for the topic, but did not find my specific inquiry. I only went 10 pages into the search though.

1- My dilemma is this, when I click on "view your posts" it shows me 'everything' I have uploaded and commented on.
But I want/need to see only my own Uploads, or posts that I initiated. However, apparently I don't have that choice, and it is a slight inconvenience when someone has hundreds or thousands of posts, including simple comments on somebody else's posts.

2- The second part of my request is in the same vein as the first one.
I have chosen notifications by e-mail of comments left on my posts, but instead I get notifications on every post I ever left a comment on, and truly, that gets annoying, my e-mail keeps on alerting day and night.
So I have to disable that option, but I miss the"real" comments on my own Uploads.

Can you please help me?
In advance, I'm very thankful. 8-)
Last edited by Tommy Duque on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViolaF

Re: Viewing Own Posts

Post by ViolaF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Tommy Duque wrote:when I click on "view your posts" it shows me 'everything'
Of course, bcs. the button means "view your posts", not a part of :roll:

What you need, is a mod, which shows only your topic-starter posts? or what you mean....

Tommy Duque

Post by Tommy Duque » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you ViolaF for your response.
Yes, I need to see 'individual' posts of myself and other users.
The reason being that if I like the Topics initiated by a particular user, I want to be able to see 'only' their posts, and not every post where they left a comment on. Most of our users have hundreds and some thousands of posts, including comments left on other users posts, but they only initiated a few topics of their own.
In my case, I wanna be able to have a choice of TWO buttons, one for "View all Posts" as it is right now, and another for "View initiated by User only"
That way I could have in one page a listing of the topics I initiated, and be able to send it to somebody else that has interests akin to mine.

I have been an administrator at a vBulletin® Board, and that choice is there.

And as I mentioned it above, along with that needed mod, I need to be notified of messages or comments left on my own posts "Only", I set up my profile to have those notifications, but I get alerts in my e-mail for every topic from other users where I left a comment long ago.

I don't need that, I want to be notified of activity in my posts, so I can take care of whatever concern other users have on my own topics.
Thanks again for your fine atention.
Have a great day. :)
Last edited by Tommy Duque on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm

just to help you in your search here, everytime you make a reply to a post, you are making a post.

therefore, when you ask for all of your posts, that will naturally include those started by someone else that you replied to.

what you need to be looking for is "topics" started by you. they are also "posts" but to help people understand what you want, use the term "your topics" instead of "your posts".

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Tommy Duque

Post by Tommy Duque » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:just to help you in your search here, everytime you make a reply to a post, you are making a post.

therefore, when you ask for all of your posts, that will naturally include those started by someone else that you replied to.

what you need to be looking for is "topics" started by you. they are also "posts" but to help people understand what you want, use the term "your topics" instead of "your posts".

luck,
robert
Well noted Robert... 8-)
That's what I need, the ability to see only the Topics started by any individuals, including me.
Thanks my friend for the heads up. :)

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Tommy Duque

Post by Tommy Duque » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:46 am

Hello Jessica, that was exactly what we needed... :D
I cannot thank you enough.
Now I need help with the second part of my dilemma, I want to have the choice of receiving notifications "only" for the Topics I started.
As it is right now, I get notifications for every post I have left a comment on, but I make lots of comments, and if I leave a comment on someone else's topic, I start getting notifications every time somebody else keeps adding more comments on that topic, it's exhausting.
I just need to be notified when someone leaves a comment on a topic I started.

We need an extra option right here:

Thanks in advance. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”