To change a fixed Variable in Forums Edit (ACP Foruns)

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Car2013

To change a fixed Variable in Forums Edit (ACP Foruns)

Post by Car2013 »

Hello

I would like to find a solution for something, but couldnt yet..even after search a lot.
This is about how to modify a variable in the Forums edition ... in ADM Panel.

Let me explain:
If we are in ACP> Manage Forums >> and choose any forum and go to EDIT it ... we will see options there: type of forum, parent forum, copy permissions ... and so on. In subsequent blocks, there are other configuration options ... where u defines 'YES' or 'NO', for ex.
And there is it: I had the idea to set all forums at once a certain configuration in 'YES', for example .... and not have to go on EVERY forum and do it. And when it comes to hundreds of forums, the you can imagine a hard work it'd be.

I found out how to do this ... in "includes / acp / acp_forums.php" ... however, I realized that it's effective just in NEW forums I create ... which will come already edited and selected the "YES" in that definition . BUT, unfortunately, this does not alter the settings of existing forums ... which is what I would like more.

So I ask...HOW to set it .... for ALL forums at the same time. Is there some solution?

Id appreciate any help in this direction.

Thanks.
Car2013

Re: To change a fixed Variable in Forums Edit (ACP Foruns)

Post by Car2013 »

Any help, folks?
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

if you want to set a yes-option globally, eg. normally its in some of the forums-table's,
you just have to make some sql, eg. (symbolic) SET 1 (means normally yes) IN WHATEVER_FORUM_TABLE WHERE forum_id IS NOT 999999999999 (means all forums, because a forum_id normally is not 999999999999. Somewhat in this direction.....
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Car2013 wrote:Any help, folks?
You are asking for a query and yet do not provide which of the options you want to set to always Yes. You should be more specific assuming you don't want to ruin your forum. If you do then keep speaking in generalities and your wish will come true.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Car2013 wrote:Any help, folks?
You are asking for a query and yet do not provide which of the options you want to set to always Yes. You should be more specific assuming you don't want to ruin your forum. If you do then keep speaking in generalities and your wish will come true.
Well.. Im taking about the function "Enable Topic SEO"... a mod installed. And in the table (SQL) is 'enable_topic_seo'
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

shouldn't that be a function of the MOD? I would assume the MOD would have a switch to set it for all topics.

based on the name of the MOD ( I have never heard of this MOD so I don't know for sure ) it is about topics not forums to begin with.
either way, you haven't told us what the table is in the database, nor what your table prefix is etc.
how about a link to this MOD so we can at least see what it is supposed to be doing.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:shouldn't that be a function of the MOD? I would assume the MOD would have a switch to set it for all topics.

based on the name of the MOD ( I have never heard of this MOD so I don't know for sure ) it is about topics not forums to begin with.
either way, you haven't told us what the table is in the database, nor what your table prefix is etc.
how about a link to this MOD so we can at least see what it is supposed to be doing.

robert
Unfortunately doesnt have this function... and that's the problem.
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

ViolaF wrote:if you want to set a yes-option globally, eg. normally its in some of the forums-table's,
you just have to make some sql, eg. (symbolic) SET 1 (means normally yes) IN WHATEVER_FORUM_TABLE WHERE forum_id IS NOT 999999999999 (means all forums, because a forum_id normally is not 999999999999. Somewhat in this direction.....
Well, I think you brought some solution. I appreciate very much.
Just..Im still a little confuse what to do exactly. Im..the line I need to add..to change all.

Lets see: the table is "phpbb_forums" and colum is: "enable_topic_seo"

So... it'd be like this?

Code: Select all

SET 1 IN `enable_topic_seo` WHERE forum_id IS NOT 999999999999
or

Code: Select all

SELECT 1 FROM `enable_topic_seo` WHERE forum_id IS NOT 999999999999
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Think it is this mod viewtopic.php?t=2118159 which means each forum should have a selection when you edit the forum to allow the mod or not. If it is that mod then you should be asking for support here https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... od/support
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Think it is this mod viewtopic.php?t=2118159 which means each forum should have a selection when you edit the forum to allow the mod or not. If it is that mod then you should be asking for support here https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... od/support
It's not the case, man. Because first... what Im asking is not HOW to manage the mod. And second, what I want to achieve is some kind of 'code modification' that I could 'cheat' the original code...to get what I want...which is to mark all to 'YES'.
So, if you can help as the user 'ViolaF', great. Try..and I'll appreciate. If not, please, dont mess or give comments that wont help. Id appreciate as well.

Anyway...coming back... I think I could do this, just running some msql code...as ViolaF adviced. Can anyone confirm what exactly I should put?
Thanks
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Car2013 wrote:It's not the case, man. Because first... what Im asking is not HOW to manage the mod.
That's very clear as you don't even bother to mention what mod it is. In fact, I spent time of my own to try and figure out what mod you were talking about.
So, if you can help as the user 'ViolaF', great. Try..and I'll appreciate. If not, please, dont mess or give comments that wont help. Id appreciate as well.
Sure I can tell you the query to run to help you stop being lazy but, I have decided I have better things to do.

This isn't a "mod request" which is the forum you posted in. It has to do with a specific mod for which you should be asking your question in the support section of that mod. This is not something new. Mod support goes into the support area for the mod.
Thanks
You're welcome.
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Sure I can tell you the query to run to help you stop being lazy but, I have decided I have better things to do.
Yes, right. Everybody 'believes' you. You cant even define what I'm talking about.. imagine knowing the right query we're looking for???

Don't waste my time, ok? Take care.
Last edited by Car2013 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Car2013 wrote:Yes, right. Everybody 'believes' you. You cant even define what I'm talking about.. imagine knowing the right query we're looking for???
Don't waste my time, ok? Take care.
You are completely clueless. Buh bye!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”