Flag to not show Adsense on page

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
GlennP

Flag to not show Adsense on page

Post by GlennP »

Hello,

I am getting grief from Google about what they call "Family Friendly" posts on my site. I was thinking it would be easier to remove Adsense totally but then I thought about a mod that flags a post as "PG" and in turn does not show the Adsense advert but replaces it with a stock advert. Even if it is a "Tell your friends" type advert - at least it would easily get google off my back.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

Glenn.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Flag to not show Adsense on page

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

how would this MOD know what was a pg rated post or not?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
GlennP

Post by GlennP »

When google flag it they send an email - then the board admin would mark it as PG.

Or maybe users could rate it - but 99% of the time the posts are OK so the admin solution would work for me.

Glenn.
GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Hello,

It's been 6 months since I threw this idea to the forum so I thought I'd just clarify a few thoughts in case it simplifies the requirements.

I'm thinking that a field is added to the database for the topics at topic creation - default as 0 - not shown to the user.
If google has an issue with the topic (by receipt of their alert email) the field for the topic is changed to 1 by myself.
When displaying the thread the field is read and if it is 0 then it executes the code to display google advert. If it is a 1 then the code to display google advert is skipped.

If there could be an easy way to add the 1 for the topic that would be nice - otherwise I'm ok to make the change via SQL.

Hopefully someone will see that this might be "easy" and can give me some guidance.

Thanks!

Glenn.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”