[Request] RSS mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
rhstrack

[Request] RSS mod

Post by rhstrack »

I'm sure someone is already working on one of these, but I haven't seen it in the MOD Devolopement board.
It would be nice if each sub-forum has its own rss feed. Also, is it possible that only the first post in every thread be included in the RSS feed instead of every post?

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Re: [Request] RSS mod

Post by dellsystem »

There are MODs like this one for 2.0x - maybe the code give someone inspiration to create one for phpbb3.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel »

About Smartfeed
from here wrote:phpBB 3.x Compatibility
Please note that at the present time the Smartfeed modification works only with phpBB version 2.x.

I hope at some point to provide a version that is compatible with phpBB 3.x which, as of this writing, is still in Beta. However, it will likely be a long time coming. This is because:

I am just starting to dig into the changed architecture for phpBB 3.x. It is quite a change, including major changes to the templating system, which I use extensively. phpBB 3.x also has new features that will effect the permissions logic. In short I will likely have to rewrite the whole modification from scratch, a very time consuming process as you can imagine!
I have a full time job and work on mods in my limited spare time
I am hoping to have a version available approximately six months after the official release of phpBB 3.x. I make no guarantees.
i hope that this other rss and atom mod RSS Feed by chyduskam or similar can be begin to phpBB 3.x :geek: ¿?
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2

Schumi

Post by Schumi »

I created a MOD which does what you are looking for, you can find it here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=544331.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I wrote the Smartfeed mod for phpBB 2.x. I am willing to work on it for 3.x but since the logic is quite complex (authentication logic, private messages) and there is already a Beta mod (presumably without these features) I am wondering if I should make a version for phpBB 3. Thoughts?
Get the latest versions of my Digests and Smartfeed extensions.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services.

KaiserGimmel

Post by KaiserGimmel »

MarkDHamill wrote:I wrote the Smartfeed mod for phpBB 2.x. I am willing to work on it for 3.x but since the logic is quite complex (authentication logic, private messages) and there is already a Beta mod (presumably without these features) I am wondering if I should make a version for phpBB 3. Thoughts?
I tried it (smartfeed) and felt in love with it - please port it to phpbb3. Especially for private forums an authentication is nessecary and it cant be done with the beta developed already.
But 6 months after the final version - omg - thats hard...

Greetz!
K.
=> First i didnt know what love was - then i bought my first PC <=

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

MarkDHamill wrote:I wrote the Smartfeed mod for phpBB 2.x. I am willing to work on it for 3.x but since the logic is quite complex (authentication logic, private messages) and there is already a Beta mod (presumably without these features) I am wondering if I should make a version for phpBB 3. Thoughts?
Mark,

I really loved your phpBB2 smartfeed mod, even made Dutch translation for it, if only you could make a similar one for phpB3 that would be so amazing. The simple syndication mod contains errors and the full syndication suite has been discontinued by the mod writer.

Please oh please start developping a decent rss feed mod for phpBB3 :) ;)

Greetings,

Nic

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Schumi wrote:I created a MOD which does what you are looking for, you can find it here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=544331.
Schumi, yes your mod is already a great piece of coding. But I can't find any documentation on how to use it exactly as it should be used. You stopped development of this mod, which I perfectly understand and respect, but I really regret it ;)

Greetings,

Nic

MaddDragger

Post by MaddDragger »

last post by saaiberke on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:03 pm.

soooooo! it's been a month and a half.. any news or updates about having RSS feeds for phpbb3? especially RC-8 :D

Thanks!

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I am working on a version of Smartfeed for phpBB 3, but nothing to show yet but a user interface.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=596879
Get the latest versions of my Digests and Smartfeed extensions.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”