[Request] Recent Topics

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Virtuality
QA Team

[Request] Recent Topics

Post by Virtuality » Wed May 23, 2007 9:32 am

For phpBB2 there was a MOD: http://phpbbhacks.com/download/589

It let you display the most recent topics in a sidebar on the index with additional information displayed (such as last/first poster, forum name, topic_type, etc.).
You could choose how many topics to display, and from which forums it would pick them.

It also included a file which you could include on any php page on the server to show them, but that is less essential.
Jonathan “Virtuality” Gulbrandsen - phpBB 2.x & 3.x Swedish Translator
phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska! | Development board for the Swedish translation of phpBB3

cotp

Re: [Request] Recent Topics

Post by cotp » Fri May 25, 2007 8:52 am

Don't know if it was that one I installed, but I had a recent topics on my cinema forum (I even choosed to scroll down, you can see them on the top right), and it of course was very intersting for members to find out what has been recently posted.

Cotp

musikgoat

Post by musikgoat » Wed May 30, 2007 5:50 am

I would also like to see a mod like this. There is a nice mod for creating posts anywhere, but using the recent topics mod that Virtuality linked to is what seems to be desired most. Integrating that into the index and/or the sites main page would be nice.

Thanks modder's for the consideration :D

Alexandre

Post by Alexandre » Wed May 30, 2007 8:02 am

I would like to have this mod also. I am very happy that Virtuality has created this thread.

I have my forum in the folder /community/, and the opportunity to put several links with the last threads, (ending with last topic and its author) [plus with the number of topics in each thread] to the main page of the site would be very helpful for me to receive more users for the forum. I need this mod because the most of the users came from the search engines to the main page of the site only and this mod would give me the opportunity not to lose these users but to move them to the forum through the links of recent topics mod.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”