[request] convert HTML tags phpBB2 to BBcode phpBB3

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
Sr X

[request] convert HTML tags phpBB2 to BBcode phpBB3

Post by Sr X » Thu May 24, 2007 11:08 am

:ugeek: After of this discussion i do this request mod.

for example i have from 3 years ago a forum board with phpBB, i allways have updated this and i allways have allowed from my ACP phpBB2 these html tags: b,i,u,pre,a,img,table,td,tr,br,p,hr

now I can watch that phpBB 3.x Olympus dont support html, great!! because I understand the security risk argument, but I and suppose that other many or "hundreds of thousands" of boards have a lot of post in our board 2.x that have html tags...
ie. my forum wrote:Our users have posted a total of 74112 articles
someone can do a MOD or converter that convert any html tag to phpBB3 bbcode? before or after of convert phpbb2.x to phpBB 3.x

i think that this is a important subjet. thanks and sorry for my bad english, i am spanish
Last edited by Sr X on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Re: [request] convert HTML tags to BBcode

Post by igorw » Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 pm

I actually also think this would be a good idea. Allthough i'm too busy at the moment to do it, and don't know if i have the skills...
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer » Fri May 25, 2007 2:33 am

This is something that I could use also. My forum has over 100,000 posts and some of them contain HTML. It would be nice to have a converter which will scan the database and replace HTML with BBcode.
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[

cotp

Post by cotp » Fri May 25, 2007 9:02 am

There also was a mode called HTML BBcode MOD 1.1.4 by markus_petrux at phpmix.com

It said:
This MOD adds an HTML BBcode to your forum, which allows you to enter HTML tags yourself when posting a message. It is also possible to post JavaScript, Flash or Java objects, Forms, etc. You can even use other BBCode tags within an HTML block! Syntax is pretty simple: [html]text[/html]. While this BBCode is powerful, it is also somehow dangerous! By default, it is only allowed for the main board administrator. It can also be allowed for other Admins or members of a usergroup via ACP.
I used it with great success, could also be a way to go...

Cotp

Sr X

Post by Sr X » Fri May 25, 2007 9:18 am

cotp wrote:There also was a mode called HTML BBcode MOD 1.1.4 by markus_petrux at phpmix.com

I used it with great success, could also be a way to go...

Cotp
i know this mod of great markus_petrus in http://forums.phpmix.org/viewforum.php?f=7

but this request mod is to convert the html tags of phpBB2.x in bbcode of phpBB3.x, and not to that html can be allowed for Admins or members of a usergroup
look this quote:
smithy_dll [url=http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=2986509#p2986509]Here[/url] wrote:HTML was disabled for security reasons.

As such the phpBB MOD Team's policy is to not allow MODs that remove security enhancements included in phpBB core. (...)

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke » Fri May 25, 2007 9:35 am

I'm also interested in such a function. I have a lot of "a href" tags in my board and I'm not planning to change them all by hand. ;) So, if someone is interested to develop a conversion tool, that person will have my eternal respect ;):)

Grtz,

Nic

cotp

Post by cotp » Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 am

Sr X, do you think the html bbcode would have security issues ?

Cotp

Sr X

Post by Sr X » Fri May 25, 2007 9:56 am

cotp wrote:Sr X, do you think the html bbcode would have security issues ?

Cotp
cinema fun friend, perhaps yes i dont know, but in a forum if you have little mods installed it is better. In this case i want update to phpBB3.x and a similar mod of markus petrus never will be approved to phpBB 3.x or this will be little userful.

cotp

Post by cotp » Fri May 25, 2007 10:10 am

Ouah just saw you chage your avatar !! :geek:

Anyway thanks for you anwser...

So what do you suggest do we have to manually edit ALL our posts !! ?

We have a lot of embedded video that way (google video, youtube, dailymotion, swf, divx etc etc...)

Cotp

Sr X

Post by Sr X » Fri May 25, 2007 10:22 am

cotp wrote:Ouah just saw you chage your avatar !! :geek:
yes, i am lover of silent and classic cinema too
cotp wrote:Anyway thanks for you anwser...

So what do you suggest do we have to manually edit ALL our posts !! ?

We have a lot of embedded video that way (google video, youtube, dailymotion, swf, divx etc etc...)

Cotp
please read this discussion where before i have done the same question that you:
Sr X wrote::? then you say me that the only solution is edit all the post with html tags, true? :(
karlsemple wrote:pretty much, yes. You could probably write a script to do a search and replace on the posts in the database to find and remove any html
for this reason i have done this thread request mod, to solved this molest problem.
will be very hard edit manually all old post with html, true? for this reason i think that this mod will be very important.

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel » Sun May 27, 2007 5:34 pm

great idea, this will be very userful
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 am

Agreed, I will also need something like this.

Sr X

Re: [request] convert HTML tags phpBB2 to BBcode phpBB3

Post by Sr X » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:35 am

i hope that this problem and request mod will be talk in that MOD Authors Convention, All day on 30 June 2007 on the IRC #phpbb-mod channel... :cry:

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 am

will be cool that this mod could applying the news bbcodes to old post too :? ¿?
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2

jbreiding

Post by jbreiding » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 am

has any solution surfaced for this? i need to convert all of my old html tags in posts and signatures to bbcode if possible. does anyone have a script that worked for this?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”