[Request] Author + groups view of topics in a room.

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

[Request] Author + groups view of topics in a room.

Post by ChrisRLG » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:53 am

This was requested long before RC1 was out - But I do not see it in the mod requests (or mods in development.).

The idea is that within one (or more) rooms the topics are set so that only the topic starter (plus authorised usergroups) can see the topics.

Usage examples:-.

Helpdesk - where the client needs help with experts (usergroup controlled), such that only that client plus all the experts have access. The clients sees thier own topics - but not that of other clients.

Teaching envionment where the student posting the topic (plus the teachers/experts in a usergroup) only can see the topic. The student sees thier own topic - but not that of other students.

An example within phpBB.com would be the security tracker - within a room of the main forum.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Re: [Request] Author + groups view of topics in a room.

Post by Highway of Life » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 pm

That sounds very similar to the Author Viewable Only MOD.
Only the Author of the topic would see the post, and any previously designated user groups would be able to see any topics listed in the specific forum... correct?
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Correct :)
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

nasadows

Post by nasadows » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:37 pm

the support for that mod has been stopped for 2 years. There is a guy on STG says he will continue developing it, but it was last year, and no news has been heard from him since then.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm

perhaps this one should be of help: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... =self+auth
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

nasadows

Post by nasadows » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks, while reading it I ran into another mod also, so there are currently 2 BETA mods for the same function:

[BETA] Self Auth MOD
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1305895

[Beta] Topics Only Visible to OP 0.8.1
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=543859

The naming of both 2 mods is quite hard to guess, so thats why I and maybe him couldnt find them in the first place
I wonder what to choose now, both look like good mods but none is Finalised

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”