[Request] OSCommerce Integration

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
nystagmu

[Request] OSCommerce Integration

Post by nystagmu »

I am a trustee of a small UK charity. We currently have an instance of phpBB2 installed and a 1&1 shop. We want to upgrade to phpBB3 and switch to using OSCommerce as it seems much easier to use. We want to allow our users to have one login for both and sessions to be applied to both. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to start if I were to try and do it myself.

So, would anyone be interested in developing such a MOD?
Is there anyone else out there who would also want this MOD?
Brenakie

Re: [Request] OSCommerce Integration

Post by Brenakie »

Anyone have any info on this?

I have phpBB &Coppermine bridged, I'd like to bridge to OSC if at all possible???
MewDragon

Post by MewDragon »

Isn't that what the hooks system is for in any event? In which case I would think it wouldn't be that difficult, theoretically. I'd be interested in such a mod too.
Brenakie

Post by Brenakie »

Note that I'm still on 2.x
qdeped

Post by qdeped »

hello, is this available? can someone make this ive seen atleast 20+ requests on this website alone
and alot more on oscommerce :\

how hard is this? why is nobody offering something like this? :?:
awaiting investigation
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

I develop mods for phpBB from time to time, and also have done some modification to oscommerce in the past.

I am currently looking at setting up a website and "market" for a 501(c) charity that my wife has gotten me involved in. And, will most likely be using phpBB3.0 backend and OScommerce to to their jobs respectively. I Was looking for an easy way to do it, thinking that perhaps someone else had already covered this area, but it appears I was wrong. So, I will be starting from scratch. If I am successful, then I will gladly share my work, w/ complete and full instructions on how to accomplish this modification. I cannot make any estimation at this time as to ANY time frame this will take.. as I haven't explored OSCommerce in quite a few years.. I do remember that is it extensive.. and could possibly take quite a few months.. but I will share my results if there are any that are usable.
pamelasplayroom

Post by pamelasplayroom »

hi there.

just wondering if you have had any luck with this as i also want to link oscommerce with phpbb, and if possible, coppermine.

i thought that if i can get osc working with phpbb, i could then bridge phpbb with coppermine and they would all share the user data so that you only needed to log in once to get access to all 3.

any help with this would be appreciated.
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

Hi. pamelasplayroom , I'd reaaaally need exactly the same thing! Is there a genius around here to help?
It would be wonderful to have all 3 integrated - just the login part, that's all I'm interested in, not themes...
Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know.
Jais

Post by Jais »

No offense to those that want this bridge, but I would not recommending such a bridge with osC. Both phpBB and osC are very popular open source projects, and with that being said, this makes them very popular among hackers who trys to hack the core and files and getting your user info.

Now if your phpBB by chance gets hacked, there is little that you can do to stop the hacker from getting the user info from the osC side of your site and vice versa. At least if your site got hacked on the forum side and your users did not use the same login info on the osC side there is that little extra protection to keep all your customers finical info safe.

Do not get me wrong I am running both osC and phpBB well as J! 1.5 all in one site with phpBB and J! 1.5 bridge and osC stand alone all with their own databases, but for the very reason I stated above I keep osC separate from the rest of my site.

Also another reason why I would keep osC separate is because even though it is a create tool for e-commerce sites, the code is outdated, even with the new release of osC 3 which was just a rush job leaving old and outdated modules and security holes in it. I have mines stripped down to basically the bare bones and then once I patched all the security holes I went and one by one added mods and tested them to make sure all my patches holds true.

To me it just is not worth it, playing with my customers info like that.

Just my two cents.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”