[Request] Add Full Name to Profile

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
Jon Severinsson

[Request] Add Full Name to Profile

Post by Jon Severinsson »

For phpBB 2 there is a great but simple mod called Add Full Name to Profile that simply adds First Name and Last Name to the profile and the registration form.

I'd love if anyone made a similar mod for phpBB 3, as that is the only thing I'm lacking to migrate my board to phpBB 3. I'm proficient enough with SQL to be able to migrate the data manually, so don't worry about that, but I know nothing about phpBB internals, and don't have the time to learn.
IoanFilipov
Translator

Re: [Request] Add Full Name to Profile

Post by IoanFilipov »

Jon Severinsson wrote:For phpBB 2 there is a great but simple mod called Add Full Name to Profile that simply adds First Name and Last Name to the profile and the registration form.

I'd love if anyone made a similar mod for phpBB 3, as that is the only thing I'm lacking to migrate my board to phpBB 3. I'm proficient enough with SQL to be able to migrate the data manually, so don't worry about that, but I know nothing about phpBB internals, and don't have the time to learn.
You can just add custom profile fields.
Jon Severinsson

IoanFilipov wrote:You can just add custom profile fields.
Thank you, I missed that feature. :oops:

I'd better start investigating the db structure so I can copy them then.
Youvan

Post by Youvan »

IoanFilipov wrote:
Jon Severinsson wrote:For phpBB 2 there is a great but simple mod called Add Full Name to Profile that simply adds First Name and Last Name to the profile and the registration form.

You can just add custom profile fields.
but HOW can I add such custon fields?

I'm lookinng for a MOD, where you can add/edit/delete NEW FIELDS to user profiles from the ACP!
So that the user is able to show much more informations and interests about/of him!

So: is there any MOD already?
hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

go to ACP -> User Groups -> Custom Profile Fields
Youvan

Post by Youvan »

hp_solomon wrote:go to ACP -> User Groups -> Custom Profile Fields
THERE IT IS!!! :idea:
Thank you very much!
I don't think I would have found this feature in that new big acp!

for all german speaking users (like me ;) ) go to => "Benutzer und Gruppen" / "Benutzer" / "Benutzerdefinierte Profilfelder"
thanx and good night!
thoaw

Post by thoaw »

Is there a way to get these custom fields to show in the view topic? Under
Jon Severinsson

thoaw wrote:Is there a way to get these custom fields to show in the view topic? Under
Go to the "Load settings" page in the "General" tab and say yes to "Display custom profile fields on topic pages".

B.T.W. the SQL I used to convert my data from phpBB 2.0 to 3.0 was.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb3_profile_fields_data` (`user_id`, `pf_first_name`, `pf_last_name`)
SELECT `phpbb3_users`.`user_id`, `phpbb2_users`.`user_name_first`, `phpbb2_users`.`user_name_last`
FROM `phpbb2_users`, `phpbb3_users`
WHERE `phpbb2_users`.`username` LIKE `phpbb3_users`.`username` AND ((`phpbb2_users`.`user_name_first` NOT LIKE '' AND `phpbb2_users`.`user_name_first` IS NOT NULL) OR (`phpbb2_users`.`user_name_last` NOT LIKE '' AND `phpbb2_users`.`user_name_last` IS NOT NULL));
Both 2.0 and 3.0 lives in the same database, 3.0 has the phpbb3_ prefix while 2.0 has the phpbb2_ prefix. I gave the custom fields the field identifications "first_name" and "last_name". Shouldn't be to hard to modify it to your setup.
thoaw

Post by thoaw »

Ah Thanks!
Youvan

Post by Youvan »

Jon Severinsson wrote:
thoaw wrote:Is there a way to get these custom fields to show in the view topic? Under
Go to the "Load settings" page in the "General" tab and say yes to "Display custom profile fields on topic pages".

BUT :!: my problem is now, that I don't want ALL custom profile fields to be shown in view topic!
Is there a way to DEFINE, which custom profile field(s) should be shown (besides in the profile view) in the view topic?
Because if I just use the function "Display custom profile fields on topic pages" they definitely would be too much for the view topic ... :roll:
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

You will need to edit the template file to show only the ones you want. This is included in the file to help you:
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- END custom_fields -->
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”