No categories?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
tomdickandharry

No categories?

Post by tomdickandharry »

Is is possible to have no categories. Like if I only have 1 subject. Just goto index.php and make all the posts show up on index.php instead of click on a category first and being allowed to post whatever.

In other words like when you click on each cateogry you have post, reply, etc, and all the posts. But instead have no categories and make all that on the index page.

Thanks

m157y

Re: No categories?

Post by m157y »

create forum in acp, remember it's ID, then rename index.php to index.php.old then copy viewforum to index.php and in this index.php find line

Code: Select all

$forum_id	= request_var('f', 0);
and after add

Code: Select all

$forum_id	= x;
where x is a forum id, which you remembered early :) it's a simplest way how you can do it :)
but more right will be change a generate_forum_nav() calling and some other fixes :)
m157y aka Misty
NO SUPPORT VIA PM
KarmaMOD for phpBB 3.0.x | bbAJAX
Follow me on twitter

tomdickandharry

Re: No categories?

Post by tomdickandharry »

That totally worked thanks. Now 1 more thing.

http://ratemywww.com/ts/exes/phpbb/p1/cl2.png

I downloaded 3.0RC2. And I did what you said. The screen shot is how it looks now. There are 3 links on the top. I want to remove the circled one. It is for the category I believe. I don't want to delete the category just the link to it I circled. Is it possible?

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”