[Request] Send email to admin on every post

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
pacop2

[Request] Send email to admin on every post

Post by pacop2 »

In my phpbb2.0.22 forum I did a really simple "mod", but it doesn't work with phpbb3.

It is for send an email to the admin, every time a user write a post o reply. The email inform about the author, the title, and the body of the posted message (it's very confortable to wath the posts in the email, instead of the web navigator).

Could be nice to have a direct link to the post, and the possibility to have a list of recipients of the email. Even could be to have a lists of recipiens for every forum you want: for example, the forum "hardware" should email to hardwaremoderator@example.com and admin@example.com , the forum "software" to softwaremoderator@example.com and admin@example.com.

My very simple hack in 2.0.22 is this:

In posting.php, after
-----------------
case 'poll_delete':
if ($error_msg != '')
{
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $error_msg);
}

delete_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id);
break;
}
--------------------

Add this:

if ($mode == 'newtopic')
$auxpaco = 'un NUEVO TEMA';
if ($mode == 'reply')
$auxpaco = 'una NUEVA RESPUESTA';
if ( ($error_msg == '') && (($mode == 'newtopic') || ($mode == 'reply')) )
{
mail("foros@xxxxxx.com","$subject","Se ha escrito $auxpaco en el foro de hispagimnasios.\n\nForo:$forum_name.\n\nAutor: $userdata[username].\n\nAsunto:$subject\n\nMensaje:\n$message\n\n\n********************\n","From:nuevomsgforo@xxxxxx.com");
}
BKPortal

Re: [Request] Send email to admin on every post

Post by BKPortal »

I made a request for a similar mod earlier this week but thought I'd back up this request in an attempt to get some interest.
I found it very useful to read the posts as they came in via email. An added bonus is that you get to see all the revisions people made to posts (and see what they cut out after having second thoughts).

Upgraded to version 3 last night and I'm already missing the emails (though there are of course compensations with the new features).

I'm not familiar with php but, to me at least, this sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement.
pacop2

Post by pacop2 »

m not familiar with php but, to me at least, this sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement.
It should be, but I've tried to program it without good results :cry:

For me this kind of mod is very useful, and I don't understand why is not more popular this kind of mod.
FabryDesign

Post by FabryDesign »

Why don't you just suscribe the admin account to watch the forum? ;)
pacop2

Post by pacop2 »

FabryDesign wrote:Why don't you just suscribe the admin account to watch the forum? ;)
I need the body of all messages (about 300 every day in my forum), not only the advise that a topic has been written. I want to know as fast as possible (reading it by email) if a message is innadequated, spam, offensive...

pacop2

Post by pacop2 »

henmedia

Post by henmedia »

I just started a mod which might help:

newpost2mail: Send new posts as email to admin: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=692985

Stefan
Get the latest version of newpost2mail for phpBB3 at http://henmedia.de | [donate USD] [donate EUR]

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”