The MOD allows one these add'l BBCodes:
Code: Select all
[anchor] [goto] [gotopost]
I use the [gotopost=postnum,anchorname]text[/gotopost] mode most, though in a couple of forum FAQs we use [ goto] as well.Anchor BBCode MOD wrote:
This board has anchoring and linking within posts enabled.
- To make anchors within your posts, just specify [ anchor]anchorname [ /anchor].
- To link to that anchor:
- From within that post, use [ goto=anchorname]text[ /goto].
- From another post on the same page, use [ goto=postnum,anchorname]text[ /goto].
- From another post on a different page, use [gotopost=postnum,anchorname]text[/gotopost].
- You can also use goto and gotopost to link to the top of any post:
- [ goto=postnum]text[ /goto] if the other post is on the same page,
- Otherwise use [gotopost=postnum]text[/gotopost]
The [gotopost=postnum] allows one to specify a specific post (not necessarily within the same topic) without resorting to the [ url] tag, and using [gotopost=postnum], the MOD will take one to exactly the correct post, not just the top of the topic. I am unaware of similar functionality in PHPBB3 as-shipped.
I am unable to install PHPBB3 until I can install a MOD that will preserve the functionality of the older PHPBB2 Anchor BBCode MOD. I have determined that I cannot invest the time necessary to code the MOD myself. I am willing to donate a modest amount (that is, in dollars) toward the development of this MOD.