[Request] Who Viewed a Topic

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
Fazid

Re: [Request] Who Viewed a Topic

Post by Fazid » Wed May 21, 2008 1:05 am

marian0810 wrote:There's a button "Add a module" on that page with a dropdownlist. The module is in that list and it's called "Settings for topic viewers statistics".
Problem is, I don't have module called "Settings for topic viewers statistics" on that list. I checked again all my edited and copied files and everything seems to be ok. I cleared cache, tried to do everything again from the very beginning but nothing changed.

wm009

Post by wm009 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:07 am

Okay, I figured out the sql stuff.

Finished it, turned on mod. Everything loads, but who is online information is still the old default value.

Yes, I purged the cache.

Edit: Hmmm, maybe this is the problem???

---

Hey fazid,

I was having the same issue you were talking about, but when i looked, I did find settings for topic viewers statistics in there. It right under the board management bolded text.

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Wed May 21, 2008 1:21 am

wm009 wrote:Okay, I figured out the sql stuff.

Finished it, turned on mod. Everything loads, but who is online information is still the old default value.

Yes, I purged the cache.
how said anything about the whos online ?
its a separate mod , with a different functionality
مجتمع محبي الكوميكس الناطقين بالعربية http://arabcomics.net

wm009

Post by wm009 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:24 am

how said anything about the whos online ?
Well, considering you recommended this thread to me, I assumed what I was getting was a mod for when you go into Who is online, instead of seeing stuff like "Reading topic in forum abc", you see something like "Reading topic TOPIC NAME".

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am

wm009 wrote:Well, considering you recommended this thread to me, I assumed what I was getting was a mod for when you go into Who is online, instead of seeing stuff like "Reading topic in forum abc", you see something like "Reading topic TOPIC NAME".
Well, I gave you two links , one for who viewed the topic , and the other one for who is online,
this is the link for it :[BETA] Nyquist Who Is Online Redirect To Topic , and I see that you post a reply there ... I thought that you needed this mod too thats why I told you to check it, sorry my bad :oops:

anyway anybody have any idea on how to give the permission of viewing this mod to a certain group ?

tommekemc

Post by tommekemc » Wed May 21, 2008 11:55 am

wm009 wrote:Okay, I figured out the sql stuff.

Yes, I purged the cache.

Edit: Hmmm, maybe this is the problem???

---

Hey fazid,

I was having the same issue you were talking about, but when i looked, I did find settings for topic viewers statistics in there. It right under the board management bolded text.
you can make topic_id the index, but I don't thing this will solve the problem.
the styles used are not basic, so you'll have to search for the correct poll things, download the style again and look for the poll-code.
my sig
my projects

images deleted because of the 6kb (wtf?) rule...

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm

My first priority is to make this mod viewable by moderators group only , but I can't seem to have a suitable solution to this problem , as I said before if I use the U_MCP it will only result to make it viewable only if I have global moderators (which I dont) ...

Fazid

Post by Fazid » Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

OK, almost there... I found this mod on the list, added it to my ACP and I have now an option to activate/deactivate this mod. But no matter what I choose there , I can't see any effect on my forum. I have a prosilver style, english language as default. Where I should expect some changes?

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Wed May 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Fazid wrote:OK, almost there... I found this mod on the list, added it to my ACP and I have now an option to activate/deactivate this mod. But no matter what I choose there , I can't see any effect on my forum. I have a prosilver style, english language as default. Where I should expect some changes?
Try typing the following link : yourforumlink/viewtopicviewers.php?topic=topicIDnumber

if it didn't work , try opening the module from ACP , then choosing no and submitting your change, then open it again and press no and submit ...

Fazid

Post by Fazid » Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 pm

OK, it worked propertly but it isn't easy to type this text every time when I'd like to see this statistics. Is there other way to get access to it? I mean by clicking on something for example. I though, that it'll work this way ;)

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Wed May 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Fazid wrote:OK, it worked propertly but it isn't easy to type this text every time when I'd like to see this statistics. Is there other way to get access to it? I mean by clicking on something for example. I though, that it'll work this way ;)
Just add the link as instructed in the installation xml to viewtopic_body.html (under the template folder of your style) ...

Fazid

Post by Fazid » Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 pm

OK, I missed these instructions, now it works propertly. Thanks!

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute » Thu May 22, 2008 1:46 am

Hi everybody !

First, sorry for my english, i'm french and my english isn't very good...
It's a pleasure to see my MODs can help someone.
I see that some users have issues with it.

So, here are my answers :
1/ There is no index in the table, but it's not a problem. It's not important to have one in this case.
2/ I don't included a subsilver version in my MODs, because it's not an official template and coders are not obliged to included this version.
I don't know if i would have time to convert this MOD, but if i do, i will give you the instructions.

Bye,
Théonaute | ex-MOD Team member on phpbb-fr.com
No more phpBB's activities. No MODs updates, no new MODs... Thanks.

sam_xp

Post by sam_xp » Thu May 22, 2008 9:56 am

théonaute wrote:Hi everybody !

First, sorry for my english, i'm french and my english isn't very good...
It's a pleasure to see my MODs can help someone.
I see that some users have issues with it.

So, here are my answers :
1/ There is no index in the table, but it's not a problem. It's not important to have one in this case.
2/ I don't included a subsilver version in my MODs, because it's not an official template and coders are not obliged to included this version.
I don't know if i would have time to convert this MOD, but if i do, i will give you the instructions.

Bye,
Your mod is great , it did me a great help , I dont have a problem with the missing subsilver code, the only thing I would like to modify in this mod is make it viewable to all moderators group only ... can you help me with this matter ?

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute » Thu May 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Hello,

Open : viewtopic.php
Find :

Code: Select all

'S_DISPLAY_TOPIC_VIEWERS'	=> true,
Replace with :

Code: Select all

'S_DISPLAY_TOPIC_VIEWERS'	=> $auth->acl_get('u_'),
I don't test this code, because i don't have an access to a phpbb3, but it will work.
Please tell me if it doesn't.

Bye, ;)
Théonaute | ex-MOD Team member on phpbb-fr.com
No more phpBB's activities. No MODs updates, no new MODs... Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”