[Request] ZenCart integration with phpbb3

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

[Request] ZenCart integration with phpbb3

Post by austin881 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:17 pm

There are quite a few topics on this and a huge demand for this but I've been searching for weeks and it doesn't seem that anyone has come up with a successful solution. I've not even found a formal request posted for a mod that does this.

What we would like to see is ZenCart integrate with phpbb3. Currently ZenCart version 1.3.8a has an option to provide linkage with phpbb but it does not function correctly with phpbb 3.0.0. It does however function with phpbb2 versions.

The ideal solution would be when a user registers an account with either system (Zen or phpBB) that the registration information would be carried over to the other database as well. Basically I'd like to have a community forum that members have the ability to purchase items without creating another account in the shopping cart system. This could also work the other way too. When a user creates an account within the Zen shopping cart system the account information would be carried over to the phpBB system.

It seems that ZenCart 1.3.8a already has this ability this, it just has not been brought current to work with the latest version of phpBB 3.0.1. (Yes, I'm posting this MOD request at ZenCart's forum as well). So from the other end... I would like to see a MOD that sends the phpbb registration information over to ZenCart's database. Anyone?
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum

hairx

Re: [Request] ZenCart integration with phpbb3

Post by hairx » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:12 am

Has the mod been released yet?

austin881

Post by austin881 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Not that I know of. If you'll notice, it hasn't even been responded to.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3

artcoder

Post by artcoder » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm interested in this too. But am curious as to how it would work. ZenCart using email and password for login. phpBB uses an "username" and password. So if someone registers via ZenCart, will a username get automatically generated?

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 am

There is a default class in zen-cart for phpBB2 integration it appears. -- committed in late 2006. So one could simply update that class file to work with the new phpBB3 functions and user integration.

Click for full size
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

austin881

Post by austin881 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Bump you in the face

Mickroz

Post by Mickroz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:29 pm

on the zen cart forums they are working on a bridge for phpbb3

here and here
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”