prosilver Special Edition

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
wouterv
Name: Wouter

Re: prosilver Special Edition

Post by wouterv » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:17 am

Flash619 [GN] wrote:I would rather save it as a .png for quality, and transparency so i don't have to manually align the background.
What is "it" ??
Nevertheless, look up \styles\prosilver_se\theme\common.css
Find "gif"

zkaraca

Post by zkaraca » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I am using the prosilver style and added the rounded corners myself. I have an image as background which works well because i have the corners as transparent png images. Now i want to use this theme, i like it very much. I can use a colour as background and edit the gif images for the corners to match that colour. But i don't want this. I want to use an image. I tried and tried but cannot get this right.

Asira.nl * Zeki.nl Just having some fun!

Flash619 [GN]

Post by Flash619 [GN] » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:58 pm

zkaraca wrote:I am using the prosilver style and added the rounded corners myself. I have an image as background which works well because i have the corners as transparent png images. Now i want to use this theme, i like it very much. I can use a colour as background and edit the gif images for the corners to match that colour. But i don't want this. I want to use an image. I tried and tried but cannot get this right.

You need to change the files so the background is transparent and then when saving them enable transparency. Also remember to upload the new images.

Also note, some browsers will not allow a .png to have transparency, most older Internet Explorers wont.

::EDIT::

nvm i got the same issue.

my guess is that the tables have a background image set "for whatever purpose" and you can only see them now because of the transparent images.

zkaraca

Post by zkaraca » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I uploaded png images and these are indeed transparent and that is why i see the color/image behind it. I am trying to figure out how i can get rid of this. I really hope somebody can help me with this.
Asira.nl * Zeki.nl Just having some fun!

Flash619 [GN]

Post by Flash619 [GN] » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 pm

I think its because if you look at the way the slices are cut in photoshope, the top border is a repeating image, just like the sides, and bottom, all except for the corners, you may have to change the tables a bit, i would and upload the code, but i don't know were to find them, basically i think this is going to take a mod expert, well not an expert but someone with experience. ;)

Mitja Bonca

Post by Mitja Bonca » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:18 pm

How to put the LAST POST more to the right... to the forum`s edge?
http://www.skywalker.si Mitja Bonca website

Flash619 [GN]

Post by Flash619 [GN] » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:02 pm

So i just had to manually align the background ith the corners for now, i hope this can be solved easier in the future.

My "hopefully" final question is how do i put the logo in the center of the header?

nvm i found out how.

But is there a way to alter the tables so the border doesn't make the rounded corners look square when transparency is enabled, and if so could it be made into a mod or something?

Kestral

Post by Kestral » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 am

My version won't install.

My board is up-to-date, and I still have the original prosilver edition from the original installation.

When I try to install this, it says that prosilver isn't installed, when it is. What's the problem here?

There are no modded files in my database.

jagacontest

Mouseover link color

Post by jagacontest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Does anyone know where I can change the mouseover link color from red to something else?
Also the color of the admin username is red and I would like to change that also.

Thanks in advance,
jaga

Flash619 [GN]

Re: Mouseover link color

Post by Flash619 [GN] » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:48 am

Kestral wrote: My version won't install.

My board is up-to-date, and I still have the original prosilver edition from the original installation.

When I try to install this, it says that prosilver isn't installed, when it is. What's the problem here?

There are no modded files in my database.
Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall prosilver?

This sounds like a wierd error to me and sometimes weird errors have weird fixes. :shock:
jagacontest wrote:Does anyone know where I can change the mouseover link color from red to something else?
Also the color of the admin username is red and I would like to change that also.

Thanks in advance,
jaga
You can change that in the acp >> Users & Groups >> Manages groups >> Administrator "Click Edit"

As for the links you can change those in the .css documents that came with the theme. ;)

Open "/styles/Prosilver_se/theme/colours.css

----
Find:

Code: Select all

a:hover	{ color: #D31141; }
----
Change the #D31141 to any hexadecimal color.

Mike007

Post by Mike007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Guys someone help me please.
I've tried updating the template files and mentioned in this thread and have deleted all the unused files so those can be inherited from the prosilver theme.

Now trouble is, I cannot use BBCode and smiles in the posts. All it seem to does it add "#" in the URL if I click on any smiley or BBCode.

How to fix this? :?
http://www.thyroidhelp.org - Everything About Thyroid
http://www.whatistsh.com - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone

Nick**

Post by Nick** » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 am

How do you directly edit the HTML in template now?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 am

Download the html files to your desktop using FTP. Make back-up copies as a precaution and then make your edits. Upload the files to your server and refresh your templates.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 pm

Why is it that I can edit files from Prosilver SE directory ? shouldnt i be making changing from Prosilver?

I must be running my Prosilver wrong... :?

Nick**

Post by Nick** » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 am

Mixstar wrote:Download the html files to your desktop using FTP. Make back-up copies as a precaution and then make your edits. Upload the files to your server and refresh your templates.
The only html documents in my prosilver_se template folder are the footer and header documents.
I need to edit the others, such as view_topic etc.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”