prosilver Special Edition

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
cfeedback

Re: prosilver Special Edition

Post by cfeedback »

prototech wrote: A style is composed of three components: imageset, template, and theme. You can see a list of all the templates when you go to the ACP => Styles => Templates. Delete the old prosilver SE template from that page, then install it again. It will ask you to select another template that will be used on the styles that used the old prosilver SE template as its template component. Select whichever you want (it doesn't matter really). Once you have installed it again, go to the main styles page and click on the Details link next to the old prosilver SE style. Set the old prosilver SE (the one you just reinstalled) template as its template component. That should hopefully fix the problem.
I tried this process to fix my issue with an error after sending PMs. After reinstalling, my quick reply button is no longer showing up. It still appears in the default prosilver. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Is your SE modified at all?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
jumborex
Name: Franco Giambalvo

Post by jumborex »

prototech wrote:[...] Once you have installed it again, go to the main styles page and click on the Details link next to the old prosilver SE style. Set the old prosilver SE (the one you just reinstalled) template as its template component. That should hopefully fix the problem.
Nope! :cry: Nothing changed. The only style working is the clone prosilver Special Edition New.
I have the clear sensation that only one style in the bunch may inherit the prosilver templates. The second style requesting the feature apparently cannot work.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
cfeedback

Post by cfeedback »

Mixstar wrote:Is your SE modified at all?
Quite a few mods are installed, but they're mostly changes to prosilver--only a few minor edits to SE. I'm guessing a erase and reinstall from scratch suggestion is coming up.

It just makes no sense to me why quick reply would show up in prosilver but not SE--as far as I can tell, none of the template files in SE have anything to do with quick reply?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

cfeedback wrote:It just makes no sense to me why quick reply would show up in prosilver but not SE--as far as I can tell, none of the template files in SE have anything to do with quick reply?
It does make sense though, if it works with an up to date version of prosilver it will work with SE.

Did quick reply ever work with 1.0.4? If so it will work with 1.0.4 and phpBB 3.0.7 so therefore will work on SE updated to 1.0.5.
    " - Harmony Cobel
cfeedback

Post by cfeedback »

Mixstar wrote:
cfeedback wrote:It just makes no sense to me why quick reply would show up in prosilver but not SE--as far as I can tell, none of the template files in SE have anything to do with quick reply?
It does make sense though, if it works with an up to date version of prosilver it will work with SE.

Did quick reply ever work with 1.0.4? If so it will work with 1.0.4 and phpBB 3.0.7 so therefore will work on SE updated to 1.0.5.
Yes. Quick reply worked fine with 1.0.4 and 3.0.6. I then upgraded to 3.0.7, then 3.07-PL1. I also followed the manual instructions to update SE to 1.0.5. Everything was working fine at this point (well, I did have an error after sending PMs but quick reply was fine).

As part of the troubleshooting process, I installed a fresh (renamed) copy of SE to see if I still had the PM error. After uninstalling this copy, quick reply stopped working on my original SE install. So I then backed up all the files in the SE directory, deleted it from the ACP and the server, uploaded the files again, installed the style--and quick reply still does not work.

I'm just trying to understand what happened so I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks again for any help.
gzesku

Post by gzesku »

Hi,
Is there any way to set images in [img] tag to be displayed as thumbnail without any mods? Currently they are trimmed at left side.
// edit: the simplest mod i found is Easy Resize Posted Image, but it doesn't seem to work with IE8
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

gzesku wrote:Is there any way to set images in [img] tag to be displayed as thumbnail without any mods?
I know you said 'without any mods' but this mod is the business and easy to install:

ReIMG Image Resizer

I recommend it.
    " - Harmony Cobel
loopy83
Name: Andi

Post by loopy83 »

web205 wrote:Installed SE and everything works fine... except for "edit post".
Using prosilver, the "edit" button appears when viewing a post.
On installing SE, and revisiting forum post, there is no "edit" button.
Mixstar wrote:
web205 wrote:On installing SE, and revisiting forum post, there is no "edit" button.
When you add a new style you need to make sure you download the /imageset/ folder for each language you are using. The British English is the only one included by default.
Hello,

I have the same problem with the imageset. I have not edit and quote button in my forum.
My boardlanguage is german, what should I do, to include the existing imageset [en] to my board.
I refreshed the imageset, but it doesnt work for me.
I think all buttons/pics in the en folder are not present in my forum.

Or where can I download the right imageset folder for my language? Or should I set the whole board language to english?

Thank you for your help!
Andi
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

loopy83 wrote:I have the same problem with the imageset. I have not edit and quote button in my forum.
My boardlanguage is german, what should I do, to include the existing imageset [en] to my board.
I refreshed the imageset, but it doesnt work for me.
I think all buttons/pics in the en folder are not present in my forum.

Or where can I download the right imageset folder for my language? Or should I set the whole board language to english?
If you think some of of the 'en' images are missing you can just upload a new set from the download you have of whatever version of phpBB you are using. Extra language packs can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/languages/
Installation
To install a language pack simply decompress the downloaded package into the language/ directory. Then go to your Administration Control Panel and select Language packs from under the System tab. On that page, install the appropriate uploaded package.

Do not forget to download the related imageset packages, these contain localised button images for the styles provided. These should be decompressed in the styles/ directory. Localised buttons are used automatically when a user uses a different language.

Remember when decompressing the package that you must retain the directory or folder structure. If you are unsure how to do this with your software please check its documentation. Failure to retain the directory structure will result in the language not being available.
    " - Harmony Cobel
urkomurko

Post by urkomurko »

Does anyone has problems with Google Analytics while using this style?

I have inserted code into overall_footer.html, but GA does not receives and data...
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

It shouldn't make any difference whether you use prosilver or SE both are essentially the same. Double check you've put your code in the right place.
    " - Harmony Cobel
XYgen

Post by XYgen »

Hi,
could you please tell me how to delete this (the border in grey) :
thanks
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

how do i make it wider?
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

XYgen wrote:Hi,
could you please tell me how to delete this (the border in grey) . . .
Edit the grey area of the images to your desired background colour, 'border_top_left.gif' and 'border_left.gif' being two of them.
sleevedbiker wrote:how do i make it wider?
Open styles/prosilver_se/theme/common.css, find:

Code: Select all

#wrap {
    padding: 0 20px;
    min-width: 650px;
    width: 900px;
    margin: 0 auto;
} 
Alter 'width' and 'min-width' to give the sizes you want, refresh your theme.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”