Black Pearl

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
InternetMafia

Re: Black Pearl

Post by InternetMafia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:42 pm

No problem man. That worked perfectly. You have always been a great help. Thanks.
Dangerous But Worth The Risk

m30ndo

BLACK PEARL

Post by m30ndo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 am

Hello all....

I have installed the fantastic template and was wondering if anyone could explain how I can change the top banner to have a complete graphic as a header.

My forum: www.skinandbone.com/forum

You will see so far I have just changed the logo in the top left, I want to have a complete panel across the top IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Thanks for your help :)

Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Post by Mighty Gorgon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Try to check if this post can help you:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6888845

goldbadge

Post by goldbadge » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 pm

What is the BLACK_PEARL_ENG_BB3_LITE_20070917.psd file in the \black_pearl\contrib\gdk directory for? It's 976 kb.

Thanks in advance.

tobiathen

Post by tobiathen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 pm

I am having a problem using this style as my default. There is no place to registar. Unless I am missing something (me and my entire clan.....lol) new users are not given an option to register. I looked through the posts here, but I did not find a question or answer. Can you let me know what I am going wrong?

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 am

goldbadge wrote:What is the BLACK_PEARL_ENG_BB3_LITE_20070917.psd file in the \black_pearl\contrib\gdk directory for? It's 976 kb.

Thanks in advance.
that file is for Adobe Photoshop for editing some of the buttons.
tobiathen wrote:I am having a problem using this style as my default. There is no place to registar. Unless I am missing something (me and my entire clan.....lol) new users are not given an option to register. I looked through the posts here, but I did not find a question or answer. Can you let me know what I am going wrong?
if memory serves me correctly, i think this issue is caused by not using a 3.0.2 version of phpbb. if you have a previous version, new members will not see the register link.

Jools
Former Team Member

Post by Jools » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:48 am

Hi all,

Thanks for this great theme, :D
Can anyone tell me what files to alter so I can move the Logout from the left hand side of the Forum over to the Right like it is here, many thanks :)
Cheers
Julie :)
no support via PM
Knowledge Base

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Jools wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for this great theme, :D
Can anyone tell me what files to alter so I can move the Logout from the left hand side of the Forum over to the Right like it is here, many thanks :)
menu_block.html ;)

Jools
Former Team Member

Post by Jools » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Thanks very much :)
Cheers
Julie :)
no support via PM
Knowledge Base

shaunv8

Post by shaunv8 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi all,

I have a tagboard this one, on my forum, can anyone please help me match the style of black pearl. Also if possible to make the tagboard background dark with light writing. My forum is http://www.aussiercbashers.com

Thanks alot!!

Sleeping Martyr

Post by Sleeping Martyr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Can anyone tell me how to move the New Topic and Post Reply buttons to the right side?

oh, also, why does the posting buttons html show up UNDER the text box and submit buttons?

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Sleeping Martyr wrote:Can anyone tell me how to move the New Topic and Post Reply buttons to the right side?

oh, also, why does the posting buttons html show up UNDER the text box and submit buttons?
that would be better to ask in the topic of the quick reply mod that you are using as that is a template layout issue ;)

Sleeping Martyr

Post by Sleeping Martyr » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:25 pm

spaceace wrote:
Sleeping Martyr wrote:Can anyone tell me how to move the New Topic and Post Reply buttons to the right side?

that would be better to ask in the topic of the quick reply mod that you are using as that is a template layout issue ;)
I did.. but this question was more about moving the submit buttons.

atigrado

Post by atigrado » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:44 am

Mighty Gorgon wrote:
RATT wrote:
m30ndo wrote:
If I wanted to change the logo to a .swf file what is the path to change the file name?
styles/black_pearl/imageset.cfg
That would not be enough, since SWF won't work in an IMG tag.

Better edit the overall_header.html and add the logo directly there with the proper code.

Dear Mighty Gorgon:

I did Change logos and banners (jpg and gif images) in the past, in phpBB old versions.
This is the first time I'm trying to replace and image with a swf file and this time it's getting too complicated for me to find the find the specific tags or codes. I think some tags are more complicated than older versions.

As an example, I was reading some of the instructions to change the sitelogo_small.png for a swf file and I tried some of the instructions you gave...

In my attempts, at some point I renamed (in the server) the file:
overall_header.html
to:
overall_header_old.html
(In the phpBB3/styles/black_pearl/template/ FOLDER)

I refreshed the Internet Explorer, waiting to see the header missing or with some error... but nothing, no change, the logo and header still there.

Do you know why?

What’s the point for me to do some changes in the code of overall_header.html if when I change its name still showing no changes... I will never know if I’m doing the right or wrong steps to replace the logo for a swf file.

I assume that in:

<a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>

{U_INDEX} and {SITE_LOGO_IMG} are orders being pulled from another file... where it's specified what image and what text will be pulled... What's this file.. where is it?

After you explain this to me it would be very helpful if you explain these points.

1) What’s the part of the code in overall_header.html that I should modify to insert the swf.
2) How should it look after it’s modify (put any name to the swf file)
3) Where should I locate the swf file?
4) What changes I have to do if the swf file is widther than 150 pixels (sitelogo_small.png), in fact if I want my swf file to be a banner with a width of the total width of the forum. As far I can see the overall_header.html is divided in 3 columns. Should I merge it in 1?
5) Since flash player is managed by Adobe, in new sites you need to include a folder named “Scripts” which include the file AC_RunActiveContent.js needed to play your flash files. Do we need to insert this folder in any part of our forum?

In advance I really thank you for your help,

Please think and learn about GLOBAL WARMING...

Rogue Warrior

Post by Rogue Warrior » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I am rather new to having my own foums on my personal web site, but the look is to plan jane. What I would really like to do is change the generic arrows that begin the columns on the left of my forums to .jpg's that represent different gaming selections.

How does one go about this?

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”