Bl@ck

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
redspider

Re: Bl@ck

Post by redspider »

That is solved.
The problem was in the template.cfg of my style.

Blinxx

Post by Blinxx »

Is there an ETA for the 3.06 version of this style? I'm getting hammered by spam bots and would ideally like to go back to my favorite style (Bl@ck) :)

thefrenchbird

Post by thefrenchbird »

Hello i am from switzerland

i install the black style, but i dont have edit or quuotte buttons in the post?

you ha a solution ?

Thanks

sevenalive
Translator
Name: Robert

Post by sevenalive »

Bl@ck has now been validated!
Last edited by sevenalive on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lionels

Post by Lionels »

Hi,

I love this template. It is exactly what I have been looking for and could never find.
I don't know what I'll do if I can't use it, I'm getting kindof crazy because I have the PhpBB3 SEO premod and this is a new forum so I don't mind to reinstall as many times as necessary but I can't get the internal pages of to show up at all. For example, my homepage has everything right with this template, and my FAQ page as well as any default pages, but the pages of my forum posts just show up as letters with a white background, no template there at all.

I looked everywhere in the PhpBB3 SEO forums, and I have no idea how to fix this. I really would like to pay for the install of this template, but I don't know who could do it. Anyone who does paid installs, please contact me, I really would appreciate that.

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

I use phpbb seo on my own site and Bl@ck works fine. Try copying over the files to the ftp again
Last edited by sevenalive on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prototech
Former Team Member

Bl@ck

Post by prototech »

Style Updated to version 1.0.6
See first post for Download Link
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

thesyndicate

Post by thesyndicate »

Hi!

I was planning to add banners 160*600 to each side of this theme. Is this possible and where in the code do i add the 160*600 banners?

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

I would start with the border.css file inside the theme folder. This style is 99% prosilver vanilla, meaning the template is stock besides the inclusion of the borders.css and 2 code additions to the header and footer.

So chances are if you find a solution for the prosilver style, it will work with this theme, but if your edits don't show up, the borders.css might be overriding the common.css. Hope that helps.

thesyndicate

Post by thesyndicate »

oK thanks for that anybody else tried this before?

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

@syndicate, try here: http://www.lithiumstudios.org/forum/vie ... 1132#p8776
I think i made it too complicated for you, basically find something that works for prosilver and do it, shouldn't have any issues.
Last edited by sevenalive on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesyndicate

Post by thesyndicate »

Have not worked with Pro silver and Pro silver do not have space to put advertising on each side of the forum. Since this forum is smaller i like to put 160*600 on each side.
The mod you gave me will it do that?

Your links show 404

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

I am not getting a 404 error. Honestly i don't have ads on my site so i don't know if that mod will work, however it might. This really isn't Bl@ck specific. I would search the forums and google for solutions to add side banners to prosilver.

thesyndicate

Post by thesyndicate »

hum you can not add a banner on pro silver it is not small. Block is smaller in width then pro silver correct?

sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

You can with prosilver, Bl@ck is prosilver just modified width and colors with borders. Many have done it with prosilver. Also Bl@ck's pending 1.0.7 update increases the width to 85% of the page. Here a simple google search got me these results:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10382385
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adverti ... in-phpbb3/
http://startrekguide.com/community/f27t ... _post.html

Again, i am happy to help with style specific problems, but since i don't have ads myself i can't be of any help further than that. You are going to need knowledge of html. I would do the sidebar mod, than put your ads in the sidebar.

A better idea would be to put ads between posts in threads, or even better above the forum, but below the header like in the link i gave you, small word only ads would be better. Sidebar ads are 1998 and tacky from a design point of view. Keep in mind many run adblock or other adblocking software, so if you can live without ads, it would be a better experience for the user. At least until your site starts gaining members/visits. Again, that is my opinion about the ads, but i think a different option would be better than to have sidebar ads.

As long as you find a solution for a prosilver based style, it should also work for Bl@ck. The edits done to Bl@ck are minimal, so if those links can't help you, keep searching google.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”