Bl@ck

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
thesyndicate

Re: Bl@ck

Post by thesyndicate »

Ok thanks very much :) It is a adult forum with very little traffic and very niche so i can have banners from the start.
sevenalive
Translator
Name: Robert

Post by sevenalive »

never mind.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

Can you give me a screenshot, not sure what your talking about.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

i never noticed that. Your background image makes it more noticeable. I'll have to find out what is causing that in memberlist.php. I noticed the popups from that file do not use common.css or any other stylesheets.

Infact it uses it's own. /adm/style/.

edit: got it somewhat working: (well i modded the adm!), but the memberlist is still not fixed.

Ill post the how to on the first page.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

I am digging through to find the code. I managed to mod the ADM style, but it still doesn't affect the memberlist window.

The size of that window, it just focuses on the content, so if i can find a way to set the background image to white for those windows it should look fine.

Once i fix that issue ill issue an update. Along with the update i am going to release a Mod that will modify the Administration control panel to be Bl@ck!
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

Ok it turns out there was a WC3 validation error in Bl@ck and now i have fixed it with this attachment. The pending 1.1.0 update includes an increased style width. All white header (thanks to dashnu for the idea) and a new background image i call carbon.

The style is pending in the queue so it might be a while, ill make it available here.

Preview screenshot:
Last edited by sevenalive on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

Here is the pending Bl@ck 1.1 update: Download

Changes:
  • Fixed some windows not having the rounded corners - added code to simple header/footer
  • Changed background color, added background image
  • Changed forum width to be 90% with min-width 1000px and max width 1360px
  • Changed post profile width to be 18%, now there is no wasted space on wide-screen monitors.
  • Changed header to be all white
  • Corners are now png, no more jaggies
  • Added "Designed by sevenalive" to the footer
If you like Bl@ck 1.1.0, then you will like the Admin CP style mod. Just install like any other MOD, it does not overwrite anything in the adm folder, so you can easily uninstall it. You can find it on the FAQ page.
Last edited by sevenalive on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Kaos_Dude

Post by Kaos_Dude »

I can't quite find where you changed the header to be all white, I would like to but it back to its original color if possible?
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

colours.css

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
Last edited by sevenalive on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaos_Dude

Post by Kaos_Dude »

Thanks sevenalive, but I was previously on v1.0.4 so its was actually in the colours.css file (under themes)

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
        background-color: #393939;
        color: #FFFFFF;
}
That was the old color you had on there I think, well that did it for me. We use a darker header and matched our site_logo to it and I didn't want to re-do the image.

Thanks! Great theme!

Almost forgot, is there additional info on your theme on your site?
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

No, my websites focus on their on purposes. All info about Bl@ck is on this thread.

However i do recommend you upgrade to the pending 1.1 update, link is on the the 3rd post. It uses template inheritance instead and it fixes some issues, most importantly a WC3 validation issue.

To upgrade just delete the Bl@ck folder and reupload the new one. If for some reason you can't, you can follow the FAQ post (3rd on this thread) and make sure your overall footer has that edit. Versions prior to 1.1 are missing a div tag in the overall footer. Also those versions do not have the edits done to the simple header and footer, causing display issues when Find a Member and other UCP/ACP windows.

Hope that makes sense. If you installed mods, if the mods were done to the stock prosilver template, and you use the new Bl@ck 1.1, which uses the prosilver template. Those mods will also be used in Bl@ck.
Kaos_Dude

Post by Kaos_Dude »

No it makes perfect sense! I already did upgrade to v1.1.0 that's when I lost my colored header :mrgreen: I'm on the bandwagon! I've been using Bl@ck for a couple years now, I was just looking for any extra info that may help tweak it a bit, that's all.

Note though, the new Bl@ck v1.1.0 download does not include everything, I had to use v1.0.6 base template and move in the few files you had under v1.1.0 template directory, not sure if that was on purpose or not?
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

No phpBB 3.0.3 and later include a feature called template inheritance. Meaning a style can use it's own modded template files and any missing files it will use the inherited template, which is prosilver. The only template files Bl@ck mods are overall_header, overall_footer, simple_header, and simple_footer. The rest of the template files are stock prosilver. 1.1 is suppose to be like that, it makes it easier to maintain the style on your board between phpBB updates and installing mods. It's safe to delete all of the other files in the template folder, just keep the files i mentioned above.

So under the Bl@ck template folder it should only have the 4 files, Bl@ck will use prosilver for the rest of them.
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

thank you for this style. i was wondering how to delete the E8E8E8 colored gray margin completely and leave only the white background around the round-cornered boxes. i apologize if this has been answered already. thank you.
sevenalive
Translator

Post by sevenalive »

You can find replace for that color code in theme/common.css and theme.colour.css, and change it to FFFFFF.

However pay attention to the style class names (.postbox, .header, etc) to make sure you don't change anything you don't want to. Home that helps.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”