Page 2 of 7

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 pm
by A1ex!
MzVette wrote:Thanks Prototech! It all worked out just fine.

I have a few other issues.

I don't have the edit feature in any of my forums. Nor am I able to upload an attachment. I have the attachments enable, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Seems not style problem. Same on other styles? Check user rights in Admin CP?!
MzVette wrote: Also, my post buttons are text only.
You need localized buttons (see my post above).

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm
by MzVette
A1ex! wrote:
MzVette wrote:Thanks Prototech! It all worked out just fine.

I have a few other issues.

I don't have the edit feature in any of my forums. Nor am I able to upload an attachment. I have the attachments enable, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Seems not style problem. Same on other styles? Check user rights in Admin CP?!
MzVette wrote: Also, my post buttons are text only.
You need localized buttons (see my post above).
Hi A1ex! Thanks for replying. The attachment issue has been resolved, but I'm still missing the edit feature. It's not even an option. The post buttons are still missing, too. I checked the prosilver style, and the buttons and options are there. They're just missing in the skyblue style. :|

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm
by genevieve5810
Edit: I've determined what the issue is and it should be resolved shortly. I'm embarrassed to say that I was not given direct access to the install folder and when I sent the style files to someone that had access, mcafee blocked all of the .js files. I'm sorry to waste your time!

I absolutely adore this style. Unfortunately, since I've installed it, my formatting buttons and smilies no longer work. The buttons appear, but don't insert code - I just get "Error on Page" at the bottom of the browser.

I've reviewed the information in the Bold, Italics and Smileys not working topic but didn't find anything that is useful (I haven't opened the files with dreamweaver and didn't make any changes to the posting_buttons.html file). In fact the only change I've made to the style was to remove some of the default profile fields in the ucp_profile_profile_info.html file.

If I use the Preview functionality to switch back to ProSilver, the buttons work again. So it appears that the problem is related to the style. But it doesn't appear to be a problem that is impacting others... so I can only assume that the issue is related to my particular copy of the files. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is downloading the files again and reinstalling the style.

Thank you!

PHPBB Version: 3.0.4
My level of experience: does one week count for anything? (please don't hate me because i'm clueless)

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:40 am
by Xircus
Hi,

Just opened my first forum and i'm really fond of this theme :) Anyhow, my problem is when I change language to Swedish, the button "POST REPLY" for example.. which is in english.. dissappears and there is just a text link :(

Anyhow, As I said earlier i'm really new to this.. But if you want to, Send me the .PSD files of the buttons and i'll send you a swedish copy back :)

Keep up the good work!

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:51 pm
by A1ex!
MzVette wrote:Hi A1ex! Thanks for replying. The attachment issue has been resolved, but I'm still missing the edit feature. It's not even an option. The post buttons are still missing, too. I checked the prosilver style, and the buttons and options are there. They're just missing in the skyblue style. :|
In directory: "\styles\skyblue\imageset\en" located "post topic", "edit" and other buttons, that you missing. I am not sure, why template can't find them, but think the reason is french translation. Try to make copy of "\styles\skyblue\imageset\en" to "\styles\skyblue\imageset\fr". If it not helps, contact me with PM.

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:00 pm
by A1ex!
genevieve5810 wrote:Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is downloading the files again and reinstalling the style.
Good idea.

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 pm
by A1ex!
Xircus wrote:Hi,

Just opened my first forum and i'm really fond of this theme :) Anyhow, my problem is when I change language to Swedish, the button "POST REPLY" for example.. which is in english.. dissappears and there is just a text link :(

Anyhow, As I said earlier i'm really new to this.. But if you want to, Send me the .PSD files of the buttons and i'll send you a swedish copy back :)

Keep up the good work!
Read this post: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8939025

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:37 pm
by MzVette
A1ex! wrote:
MzVette wrote:Hi A1ex! Thanks for replying. The attachment issue has been resolved, but I'm still missing the edit feature. It's not even an option. The post buttons are still missing, too. I checked the prosilver style, and the buttons and options are there. They're just missing in the skyblue style. :|
In directory: "\styles\skyblue\imageset\en" located "post topic", "edit" and other buttons, that you missing. I am not sure, why template can't find them, but think the reason is french translation. Try to make copy of "\styles\skyblue\imageset\en" to "\styles\skyblue\imageset\fr". If it not helps, contact me with PM.
Hi A1ex!

I saw that others were having the same issue with different themes and there seemed to be the same solution, so I followed it.

It was that my imageset/en folder needed to be imageset/en_us, so I made a copy of it, renamed it, then uploaded it to the same location. After that, I refreshed the imageset for my theme in my ACP, purged the cache, then cleared my browser. All is well now.

Thanks again!

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm
by Granit
Love this style.

How to do in order to use a image as header instead of the original background image?

Thanks

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:15 am
by A1ex!
Granit wrote:Love this style.

How to do in order to use a image as header instead of the original background image?

Thanks
Header background settings located in: "\styles\skyblue\theme\common.css":

Code: Select all

.headerbar {
	height: 104px;
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/headerbar.gif");
	margin-bottom: 0px;
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
}
By default forum width is 90%, so you may need to set it as your logo width (pixels):

Code: Select all

#wrap {
	padding: 10px;
	margin: 0px auto;
	width: 90%;
	text-align:left;
	background-color:#eff3f6;
}

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:38 pm
by MzVette
Greetings,

I'd like to add additional links to the navigation bar on the index page that will redirect you to different pages of my website (not the board). I thought this could be accomplished through the overall_header file, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am
by A1ex!
MzVette wrote:Greetings,

I'd like to add additional links to the navigation bar on the index page that will redirect you to different pages of my website (not the board). I thought this could be accomplished through the overall_header file, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Yes, you need to modify overall_header.html:

Code: Select all

<div class="navbar">
	<ul class="linklist navlinks">
		<li class="...

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm
by MzVette
A1ex! wrote:Yes, you need to modify overall_header.html:

Code: Select all

<div class="navbar">
	<ul class="linklist navlinks">
		<li class="...
O.K.,I was on the right track. I would like to add the links to the left side of the navbar, right next to the "Board Index" link, but I've looked at the code and I'm a little confused.
navbaredited.gif
navbaredited.gif (7.47 KiB) Viewed 2228 times

Code: Select all

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><b><a class="white" href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a class="white" href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></b></li>
It looks to me like this is the board index and the icon for it, but I'm not sure which of it to duplicate for the links I want to add.

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:08 pm
by A1ex!
MzVette wrote:

Code: Select all

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><b><a class="white" href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a class="white" href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></b></li>
It looks to me like this is the board index and the icon for it, but I'm not sure which of it to duplicate for the links I want to add.
Here is example for you:

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
<li class="icon-home"><b><a class="white" href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a class="white" href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks -->&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<a class="white" href="http://test.com">Test</a></b></li>

Re: SkyBlue

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:59 pm
by MzVette
Thanks A1ex!. I'll give it a try in the next few days and report back here.