Absolution

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: Absolution

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Only the /en/ buttons have been re-coloured from red to blue. I simply did that using: ColorizeIt.

There will be a proper imageset in the future complete with .psd.
FORDification

Post by FORDification »

I'm seeing the same username alignment problems on my board...not in all instances, but some. The screenshots below were at 1024 x 768 resolution:

With Firefox 3.5.8
http://www.fordification.com/delete/001.gif

With Google Chrome 4.0.249.89
http://www.fordification.com/delete/002.gif

With IE6.2900
http://www.fordification.com/delete/003.gif
You can also see in the above screenshot that with IE, the background images aren't tiling at all.

Also, with Firefox, I'm seeing a misalignment of text in the footer when logged in as a normal user. I'm guessing that the thread option links on the left side of the footer push the contents of the right side down:
With Firefox (misaligned footer)
http://www.fordification.com/delete/004.gif

Another problem I'm seeing with IE is that the footer's links colors are so similar to the footer's background color that it's hard to read...and when in a mouse-over state, the links turn black and are virtually invisible.
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member

FORDification wrote:I'm seeing the same username alignment problems on my board...not in all instances, but some. The screenshots below were at 1024 x 768 resolution:

With Firefox 3.5.8
http://www.fordification.com/delete/001.gif

With Google Chrome 4.0.249.89
http://www.fordification.com/delete/002.gif

With IE6.2900
http://www.fordification.com/delete/003.gif
You can also see in the above screenshot that with IE, the background images aren't tiling at all.

Also, with Firefox, I'm seeing a misalignment of text in the footer when logged in as a normal user. I'm guessing that the thread option links on the left side of the footer push the contents of the right side down:
With Firefox (misaligned footer)
http://www.fordification.com/delete/004.gif

Another problem I'm seeing with IE is that the footer's links colors are so similar to the footer's background color that it's hard to read...and when in a mouse-over state, the links turn black and are virtually invisible.
If you upgrade to FireFox 3.6 do you still see the error in the first screenshot?
The misalignment of text is quite rightly caused by too much text trying to be put into too small an are. You can fix this by either making the board wider, or going into overall_footer.html and either abbreviating or removing certain links.
Finally, your last IE complaint...is that IE6?
FORDification

Post by FORDification »

Ironically, I wasn't aware there was a newer version of Firefox until I visited this thread with it, and got a pop-up telling me there was a newer version. :lol: Anyway, updated Firefox to v3.6 and then updated my ancient IE (to v8.0.6001.18702), and all problems reported with those two browsers has disappeared...the pages are now fixed and working correctly. I then decided to try update Google Chrome. (I had to download and install what they offered, not knowing which version it was or if I already had the latest, since they didn't mention a version number anywhere on their website.) However, I already had the latest version (4.0.249.89). And while I didn't report an error in that browser in my previous post, I now have the same username alignment problem:

I think we're getting closer! :D
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
msf125555

Post by msf125555 »

Just one weird thing I noticed. I updated to the latest version of absolution, and noticed something weird. When you click the box "Log me in automatically" it moves the screen down to the middle of the page. However, two things I have noticed. One: This only happens when you click the one that is in the header; if you click the one by the login at the bottom of the screen this doesn't happen. Two: This only seems to happen if you are using the latest version of firefox. I have tried it with the latest version of IE and it doesn't happen. Have you noticed this yet?
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member

@FORDification: Thanks for that useful information :). It seems most problems are being caused by Chrome (even though I'm yet to see it on any browser), so I will look into that for the next release. :)

@msf125555: I've noticed this too, it's caused by the fact there are two of the same checkboxes on the screen (as you quite rightly pointed out). When you click the first one it automatically checks the second one at the same time, this gives the second one focus and the browser automatically skips to it. As far as I know the only way to stop it would be to remove either of the checkboxes.
Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh »

I would suggest to remove the login boxes from the header. I've always removed them immediately, as they are causing space problems very often. It's getting worse if a wide banner is used.
In the end there is still the link for the login and maybe a guest wants to do a quick search?

Regarding the footer and space problems: I've changed: