Absolution

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: Absolution

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Style updated to 3.0.7. Please read the following entry on my site for detailed info: http://wp.christianbullock.com/absoluti ... -to-3-0-7/ .

Download: http://www.christianbullock.com/downloa ... lution.zip
Updated demos will hopefully be available shortly.

Screenshot of new view topic: http://i49.tinypic.com/30j4i21.png

Enjoy :)

ChekoSlovakia

Post by ChekoSlovakia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 pm

hi,
happy to see that your style is added in styles db.
do you remember the promise you did for new features of it?
specially width problem?

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 pm

ChekoSlovakia wrote:do you remember the promise you did for new features of it?
specially width problem?
Did you read the release announcement on my site? :p

Forum width can be changed in /theme/forum-width.css ;)

ChekoSlovakia

Post by ChekoSlovakia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Planet Styles wrote:
ChekoSlovakia wrote:do you remember the promise you did for new features of it?
specially width problem?
Did you read the release announcement on my site? :p

Forum width can be changed in /theme/forum-width.css ;)
but i am talking about automatic fix.
means like prosilver can change it's size automatically when we change our screen size.
prosilver fits every screen size automatically.
can absolution do the same?
i am waiting for this feature since your first beta version :)

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

All you need to do is download the 3.0.7 version of the style, open: /styles/absolution/theme/forum-width.css

Find:

Code: Select all

#page-wrap {width: 1017px;}
Replace with:

#page-wrap {width: 100%;}
Then once you refresh the theme cache, Absolution will fill every screen in the same way prosilver does. :) .

ChekoSlovakia

Post by ChekoSlovakia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Planet Styles wrote:All you need to do is download the 3.0.7 version of the style, open: /styles/absolution/theme/forum-width.css

Find:

#page-wrap {width: 1017px;}
Replace with:

#page-wrap {width: 100%;}
Then once you refresh the theme cache, Absolution will fill every screen in the same way prosilver does. :) .
that's great, you just did what you promised.
So, all the problems discussed in old and this topic are fixed?
can i see the latest demo?
Thanks again..

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Yep, as far as I know all of the bugs have been cleaned up. :)

I don't have a demo just yet. I'm waiting for one of the three style directories that list my style to update, then I'll be able to post some demos. The demos won't be 100% width though, as the style is fixed-width by default.

You could always download phpBB3 and install it on localhost, then try out the style that way ;).

ChekoSlovakia

Post by ChekoSlovakia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Planet Styles wrote:Yep, as far as I know all of the bugs have been cleaned up. :)

I don't have a demo just yet. I'm waiting for one of the three style directories that list my style to update, then I'll be able to post some demos. The demos won't be 100% width though, as the style is fixed-width by default.

You could always download phpBB3 and install it on localhost, then try out the style that way ;).
Thank you so much for this...
i 'll install it tomorrow!

DW212

Post by DW212 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 pm

i had some troubles using the new theme: the white background color was missing?!
is there a simple reason for this?

for the moment I reinstalled 3.0.6

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm

DW212 wrote:i had some troubles using the new theme: the white background color was missing?!
is there a simple reason for this?
Can you provide a live demo of your board demonstrating the problem?

Also what browser are you using?

DW212

Post by DW212 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 pm

I once again deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

There were no changes, it's the template as I downloaded it from your side:
http://maddenchiefs.com/index.php

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:28 am

DW212 wrote:I once again deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

There were no changes, it's the template as I downloaded it from your side:
http://maddenchiefs.com/index.php
Have you made any changes to the style at all?

I'm not for a minute suggesting you're wrong, but I've just installed a brand new phpBB 3.0.7 on localhost and downloaded a fresh Absolution style from here. Absolutely no problems, so somewhere between you downloading the style and installing it something has gone wrong.

So far you're the only person to have reported this problem, and the style has been downloaded over 100 times since I released it a few hours ago.

msf125555

Post by msf125555 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:28 am

I deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

I then changed the width to 100%. And lo and behold, it looks awesome!!!

I also has the issue where the background was all dark blue, and you couldn't read very well (the white background color was missing). I cleared the cache folder in the PHPBB3 root, and then refreshed themes, imagesets, and templates. Then I cleared my browsing history / temp internet files. That did the trick. It looks just as great as it did before I upgraded, and the fluid width works perfectly. After clearing the cache folder and doing the other steps I just said, I tested it on the latest versions of Firefox, IE, and Opera, and they all look awesome. If you have the missing white background color issue, try the above steps, worked great for me.

Planet Styles: Your work is awesome, as is your support of a free product. Thanks!

Just a curious question: When you click details next to the Absolution style, there is no option at the bottom to select that this is your default style, just the make style active. Is this normal?

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:15 am

msf125555 wrote:I deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

I then changed the width to 100%. And lo and behold, it looks awesome!!!

I also has the issue where the background was all dark blue, and you couldn't read very well (the white background color was missing). I cleared the cache folder in the PHPBB3 root, and then refreshed themes, imagesets, and templates. Then I cleared my browsing history / temp internet files. That did the trick. It looks just as great as it did before I upgraded, and the fluid width works perfectly. After clearing the cache folder and doing the other steps I just said, I tested it on the latest versions of Firefox, IE, and Opera, and they all look awesome. If you have the missing white background color issue, try the above steps, worked great for me.

Planet Styles: Your work is awesome, as is your support of a free product. Thanks!

Just a curious question: When you click details next to the Absolution style, there is no option at the bottom to select that this is your default style, just the make style active. Is this normal?
Firstly, thanks very much for your informative post :). I was getting a little worried that I had made a fault in the style, or had missed something major out.

It does look like the default radio button has gone in 3.0.7, must be deliberate. You can however still choose your forum's default style in Board Settings: Admin Panel -> General Tab -> Board Settings -> Default Style: . :)

Thanks again for the great comments :)

Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 am

And once again: thanks very much Christian! Good decision to implement the fluid width option. I'm pretty curious about it. ;)
I might provide a quick tutorial, how to implement the style into the automatic update. It's pretty easy if you know how to - just tweaking one file and adding versions 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 of the style in a special place. So the automatic updater will take care of it. I'm always doing it this way.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”