Absolution

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
jonket

Re: Absolution

Post by jonket » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:47 am

DW212 wrote:I once again deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

There were no changes, it's the template as I downloaded it from your side:
http://maddenchiefs.com/index.php
I am a newbie to phpbb. My first thought was how to update the Absolution style. :oops:

First I just replaced the Absolution folder in styles and got the same result as you. :o

Just go to the ACP, uninstall the old one, replace (by deleting) files in folder, install and remember to clear the cache in Styles -Template.

Works like a charm. ;)

First thing I noticed was that "Forgot Password" has been removed. Any reason for that :?:
And the static text for "Rember me" and "Hide me" in overall_header.html has been fixed.

I would like to have "Forgot password" so I just copied it from the old file.

Beautiful work on Absolution and thanks Christian.

Best regards, Jon

Edit: My next job was to try the fluid option. I had to refresh the Styles - Theme in ACP to get it to work.

Archangel Michael

Post by Archangel Michael » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 am

This theme is marvelous, probably the best theme for phpBB I have found so far. The style information says it's compatible with phpBB 3.0.6, do I have to wait for 3.0.7 version until I can use it in phpBB 3.0.7? I'm not sure about this, I'm just getting started to install forum for several websites...

DW212

Post by DW212 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am

jonket wrote: Just go to the ACP, uninstall the old one, replace (by deleting) files in folder, install and remember to clear the cache in Styles -Template.
That's exactly what I did ..... well, I guess I'll give it another try in the afternoon.
For the moment I downgraded to 3.0.6.

ChekoSlovakia

Post by ChekoSlovakia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 pm

i just installed this today but the problem is that it does not have any options of text customisation in both "Quick reply and "Post Reply".
the buttons of
B i u Quote Code List
are not there...
Also, the smilies are shoed there, but when we click on them they don't work!
how to get them back on absolution?

4Teach

Post by 4Teach » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm

This is a very cool and good looking style, but i think it's not completed yet and have bugs and needs improvements. i installed it for testing purposes and you can clearly see the online/offline status on user profile on sending PM's.

This Profile should be showed as it's showed in posts.
Modify ProSilver's Header | Colorize ProSilver | ProSilver's Special Edition (Like PhpBB forum)

Require phpBB/MOD/style installs or alterations? contact me for more information.
we also provide Affordable & Quality web hosting with cheap domain rates.

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

@jonket: Yeah the Styles Team picked up on the static "Remember Me" and "Hide Online Status" text in the header whilst validating the style, so they put the correct variables in :). As for the forgot password link I removed that as made the line of text below the login boxes stretch beyond the width of the login boxes above. This wasn't a problem in itself, but in my opinion it didn't look that great so I chose to remove it. As you correctly pointed out, anyone who wants it there can copy it over from an old copy of the style. :) Thanks very much for the positive comments on the style :)

@DW212: Try manually refreshing your forum's cache folder (/phpBB3/cache). Delete everything except .htaccess and index.html . I honestly can't think what's wrong. I've updated my first post of this topic with additional demo / download links, and you can see from there the style itself is working fine. :|

@ChekoSlovakia: There aren't any BBCode buttons on the quick reply anyway - it was designed to be lightweight and simple. If you want the BBCode buttons on the quick reply you'll need to install this MOD. As for the BBCode buttons on the "Post Reply" page, I can see them perfectly and they are working fine - so are smilies. Check if you have disabled JavaScript in your browser, as the BBCode buttons and smilies won't work if JavaScript is disabled.

@4Teach: I won't be giving support for the classic viewtopic any more, although the problem you have got isn't a bug. It's just that your avatar is too big for the space that's there.

DW212

Post by DW212 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Planet Styles wrote: @DW212: Try manually refreshing your forum's cache folder (/phpBB3/cache). Delete everything except .htaccess and index.html . I honestly can't think what's wrong. I've updated my first post of this topic with additional demo / download links, and you can see from there the style itself is working fine. :|

now it works! the manual refresh didn't help, so did not deleting the cache.

"but ACP > styles > themes > actions > refresh" did the job. it had something to do with the database? I don't know but finally it works!

thank you so much for your support!

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 pm

DW212 wrote:"but ACP > styles > themes > actions > refresh" did the job. it had something to do with the database?
thank you so much for your support!
Ah of course, the 3.0.6 Stylesheet was cached in the database. Purging the cache and manually clearing the cache wouldn't have fixed it. Apparently the whole styles daatabase caching is going to be removed in the future, so hopefully we won't run into problems like this again. :oops:

Anyway I'm glad it's working for you. :)

DW212

Post by DW212 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:33 pm

I really don't want to be pedantic, but I just wanted to let you know, there's a little problem with Google Chrome:

The layer for the username seems to be misplaced.
This is only a problem with offline users and Google Chrome.

It's not really a problem for me, I just wanted to let you know.
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (59.3 KiB) Viewed 1252 times

EDIT: oh sorry, it's not only a problem with offline users but with every post except for the first one in a thread!

EDIT2: ok, sorry again. it's also not a problem with the first post - to be honest I'm not really sure what's the responsible thing for this mistake. maybe the avatar? but they are all the same sized PNG-files (90x90px).

Cpt. Blackbeard

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:13 am

jonket wrote:
DW212 wrote:I once again deleted 3.0.6 and installed 3.0.7.

There were no changes, it's the template as I downloaded it from your side:
http://maddenchiefs.com/index.php
I am a newbie to phpbb. My first thought was how to update the Absolution style. :oops:

First I just replaced the Absolution folder in styles and got the same result as you. :o

Just go to the ACP, uninstall the old one, replace (by deleting) files in folder, install and remember to clear the cache in Styles -Template.

Works like a charm. ;)

First thing I noticed was that "Forgot Password" has been removed. Any reason for that :?:
And the static text for "Rember me" and "Hide me" in overall_header.html has been fixed.

I would like to have "Forgot password" so I just copied it from the old file.

Beautiful work on Absolution and thanks Christian.

Best regards, Jon

Edit: My next job was to try the fluid option. I had to refresh the Styles - Theme in ACP to get it to work.
Never updated a style either, but I'm afraid to delete the old version as I have Ajax Chat installed in the style now,l if I delete it won't the Chat be deleted to? I'm tired of asking people to do these things for me, I'm trying to learn to do them myself, but I uploaded the new Version on top of the old version with ftp, refreshed template and themes, purged cache and it looks like the old style still, I see none of the new features.

DW212

Post by DW212 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Christian!

I got a question: is it possible to activate custom profile fields within the mini profil shown beside every posting?

THX!

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Yep, custom profile fields work on the custom view topic page. :)

DW212

Post by DW212 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:50 pm

well, and how do I use the "custom" view topic page?
(I'm so sorry for my stupid questions ... :()

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 pm

It's enabled by default. Just use Absolution in the same way you'd use any other style - everything works properly.

DW212

Post by DW212 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:00 pm

well but it doesn't show my custom fields.

It shows # of posts, date joined and location.
furthermore it shows the symbols for ICQ, AIM, whatever

I added custom fields saying "favorite team" and "PSN-ID", they show up on the profil pages but they won't show up within the profile field beside every posting.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”