vBulletin style for phpBB3

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
mtrs

Re: vBulletin style for phpBB3

Post by mtrs »

teman wrote:Take a look for pm and right navbar.I saw it still translated in turkish
Sorry, I don't use that style, didn't know that, but then I took a look at it. Style author made some non-standart Turkish word additions in two html files. I made them English. I think you meant them..
styles/mavilim/template/menu1.html

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}">	
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>		
<td width="50%"><span class="genmed">{L_USERNAME}:</span><br /><span class="genmed">{L_PASSWORD}:</span></td>
	<td width="50%"><input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="10" /><br /><input class="post" type="password" name="password" size="10" /></td>

<td width="50%"  nowrap="nowrap"> <!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --><span class="genmed">Remember Me?</span> <input type="checkbox" checked="true" class="radio" name="autologin" /><!-- ENDIF --><br /><input type="submit" class="btnmain" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /> 
 </td></tr>
</table>
	{S_FORM_TOKEN}
	</form>
	<span class="gensmall">You <a href="{U_INDEX}">quick</a> login in <i>for fast entrance.</i></span>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<tr>
<td class="genmed">
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
<strong><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">Welcome&nbsp;to&nbsp;Board&nbsp;{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></strong><br />THNKS<br />
{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<br />
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --><a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">Private Messages:</a>&nbsp;{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD -->&nbsp;You have&nbsp;{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --></td></tr></table>
styles/mavilim/template/menu2.html

<table style="border: 1px solid #0B198C; border-top:none;" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td class="row5" height="15px" width="100%">

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->   <a href="{U_REGISTER}"><strong>I want to register</strong></a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><a href="{U_SEARCH}"><strong>Search</strong></a><!-- ENDIF -->
     <a href="{U_FAQ}"><strong>{L_FAQ}</strong></a>
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}"><strong>Login</strong></a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

<a href="{U_PROFILE}"><strong>{L_PROFILE}</strong></a>
     <a href="{U_SEARCH}"><strong>Search</strong></a>
     <a href="{U_FAQ}"><strong>{L_FAQ}</strong></a>
     <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
     <a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}"><strong>{L_SEARCH_NEW}</strong></a>  
	 <a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}"><strong>{L_SEARCH_SELF}</strong></a>
		  <!-- ENDIF -->
  <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
  <td class="row5" align="right"><a align="" href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}"><strong>Logout</strong></td>
  <!-- ENDIF -->   
<!-- ENDIF -->
				</td></tr></table>

Last edited by mtrs on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I abandoned all of my mods.
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Question for Mods: I have gotten this Style updated to 3.0.2, changed all turkish I could find and changed to english. I am in the process of changing the icons to look more like (sorry to say this word here) vbulletin. I've emailed the original designers of this, no response. If I want to offer this to the phpbb community what should I do, not looking for credit just seen a lot of people that have asked.

Wait for response.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
teman

Post by teman »

just post your work dude,and let the coder and designer see :P
never pleased become the leader!!!
ask me for any symbian issues at
http://gsmvolt.com and see our rank here
teman

Post by teman »

thanks mtrs!!!
but it hapens on login box too as on screenshot here!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6857/loginyu4.png
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

I edited my previous post.
teman

Post by teman »

thanks buddy....
but one more seems not suit.
can you make the logout on welcome text klicable?
example:
"Welcome to Board Logout [ teman ]"

and i want to make it into 2 lines as
Welcome to Myforum [teman]

THNKS
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

I did that change, you can play with that html file more..
mej284

Post by mej284 »

I will post my complete change in a couple of days, I am still working on the icons and moving somethings to make it more like vbul(you know) would love to call it vPhpbb3.

Now to the reason I posted mtrs posted this about menu1

<tr>      
    <td width="50%"><span class="genmed">{L_USERNAME}:</span><br /><span class="genmed">{L_PASSWORD}:</span></td>
       <td width="50%"><input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="10" /><br /><input class="post" type="password" name="password" size="10" /></td>

<td width="50%"  nowrap="nowrap"> <!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --><span class="genmed">Remember Me?</span> <input type="checkbox" checked="true" class="radio" name="autologin" /><!-- ENDIF --><br /><input type="submit" class="btnmain" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" />
    </td></tr>
    </table>
       {S_FORM_TOKEN}
       </form>
       <span class="gensmall">You <a href="{U_INDEX}">quick</a> login in <i>for fast entrance.</i></span>
    <!-- ENDIF -->

<tr>
    <td class="genmed">
    <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
    <strong><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">Welcome&nbsp;to&nbsp;Board&nbsp;{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></strong><br />THNKS<br />
    {LAST_VISIT_DATE}<br />
    <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --><a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">Private Messages:</a>&nbsp;{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}<!-- ENDIF -->
    <!-- IF PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD -->&nbsp;You have&nbsp;{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --></td></tr></table>
For what you want to do in the welcome you might want to try this:

<tr>      

</td></tr>
    </table>
       {S_FORM_TOKEN}
       </form>
    <!-- ENDIF -->

<tr>
    <td class="genmed">
    <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
    <strong><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">Welcome&nbsp;to&nbsp;Myforum&nbsp;{S_USERNAME}</a></strong><br />THNKS<br />
    {LAST_VISIT_DATE}<br />
These are the changes I made:

Myforum&nbsp;{S_USERNAME}
eight lines from the bottom.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
mej284

Post by mej284 »

I have made all the changes, moved some items and changed some of the code. Replaced a lot of the icons, changed it enough to change the name but not sure if I should release it on this board. But if you want want to see what I got, pm me and I will send you the link to download.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
mej284

Post by mej284 »

No response from the original other, here is a link to what I have done. I have changed the name to vphpbb3 I am not the original author but this is not a bad style. It is updated to 3.0.2 take a look I think you will like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeqi4zj9nuc
July 16,2008: Added a couple icons and made changes in three files in the template folder.
Last edited by mej284 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
teman

Post by teman »

it's nice!!but subforum won't show up :cry: can you fix it?others just be fine!!i also made some modification on its buttons and icons.
Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe »

Hm, would there not be copyright issues associated with using the vBulletin style, without a vBulletin license or permission from the developpers (which would be unlikely), on a phpBB3 forum?
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net
teman

Post by teman »

i dont think so buddy!!though,it similar but not the same!!
developing and copying is the different thing :P .as it has different layout,theme and features and much more.
i think this one is much better than having VB nulled ;)
unhappyboy

Post by unhappyboy »

Daniel Exe wrote:Hm, would there not be copyright issues associated with using the vBulletin style, without a vBulletin license or permission from the developpers (which would be unlikely), on a phpBB3 forum?
i agree with you. i know the man who made this style.
first days they named it "vb style" but after warning they changed the name to "mavilim" in turkish forums. mavilim means bluish.
mej284

Post by mej284 »

teman wrote:it's nice!!but subforum won't show up :cry: can you fix it?others just be fine!!i also made some modification on its buttons and icons.
Can you send me a link or pictures to what you mean. My subforums, show up with no problems. I am able to read all forums, I did make a change to thee or four other template files but even before that everything worked.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”