vBulletin style for phpBB3

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
mej284

Re: vBulletin style for phpBB3

Post by mej284 »

unhappyboy wrote:
Daniel Exe wrote:Hm, would there not be copyright issues associated with using the vBulletin style, without a vBulletin license or permission from the developpers (which would be unlikely), on a phpBB3 forum?
i agree with you. i know the man who made this style.
first days they named it "vb style" but after warning they changed the name to "mavilim" in turkish forums. mavilim means bluish.
I have tried to contact him to show what I have done, but have had no luck. Do not want him to think I am stealing his work. My name is no where in here and I don't believe I have removed his name with the exception of the name of the probrem. Did not know what malilim meant to you told me, that is why I changed the name to vphpbb3. But I would like him to know and if there is a problem will remove all links.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
teman

Post by teman »

mej284 wrote:
teman wrote:it's nice!!but subforum won't show up :cry: can you fix it?others just be fine!!i also made some modification on its buttons and icons.
Can you send me a link or pictures to what you mean. My subforums, show up with no problems. I am able to read all forums, I did make a change to thee or four other template files but even before that everything worked.
ok here it is.http://gsmvolt.com
actually the site is not ready yet,but it's ok for a test.i will restore to previous style if you there already ;)

regards
never pleased become the leader!!!
ask me for any symbian issues at
http://gsmvolt.com and see our rank here
mej284

Post by mej284 »

teman wrote:
mej284 wrote:
teman wrote:it's nice!!but subforum won't show up :cry: can you fix it?others just be fine!!i also made some modification on its buttons and icons.
Can you send me a link or pictures to what you mean. My subforums, show up with no problems. I am able to read all forums, I did make a change to thee or four other template files but even before that everything worked.
ok here it is.http://gsmvolt.com
actually the site is not ready yet,but it's ok for a test.i will restore to previous style if you there already ;)

regards
Ok I looked at site and I was able to see all the sub forums at least I think I did. Do you mean that there is no subforum icon(vbullentin does not have subforum icons like phpbb3), or that the subforum does not show in the listings of the forum index. In the case of the latter that is controlled in the ACP under the forums TAB. If I am off base please explain.

Add on note: I do see some icons I need to had on, which I will take care of hopefully tonight and then I will repost it.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
teman

Post by teman »

I meant,the subforums didn't show up!!
i have mavilim installed on my board and the subforums appear on it :cry: but not for vphpbb3.
i have 5 styles and only vphpbb3 hasn't subforums.i did set everything properly.
or maybe it has miss-code or somethin'?

REGARDS
mej284

Post by mej284 »

teman wrote:I meant,the subforums didn't show up!!
i have mavilim installed on my board and the subforums appear on it :cry: but not for vphpbb3.
i have 5 styles and only vphpbb3 hasn't subforums.i did set everything properly.

REGARDS
Please check forumlist_body.html in vphpbb3 this is the code that turns it on. Unless I have added something that you don't have I not sure yet why it does not work.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS -->
					<p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}&nbsp;</p>
				<!-- ENDIF -->

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Updated my download added a couple new images for subforums and changed three files in the template folder. Here is the new work, also updated previous page.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeqi4zj9nuc

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
teman

Post by teman »

mej284 wrote:

REGARDS
Please check forumlist_body.html in vphpbb3 this is the code that turns it on. Unless I have added something that you don't have I not sure yet why it does not work.

<p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}&nbsp;</p>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
sorry for my ignorance.this code for replace,add after/before?and where sud i put this code?
i found that this code is on my forumlist alredy
Nick**

Post by Nick** »

I may seem completely stupid, but since the file is .rar, how does it work?

I found software to extract it, and it worked, but then there is only one folder, and no template style or imageset folder.

Help?
I have no clue about .rar stuff
mej284

Post by mej284 »

teman wrote:
mej284 wrote:

REGARDS

<!-- ENDIF -->
I updated the upload with a few changes, not sure they will make a differense for you. But if have the above file and subfolders are turned on in ACP, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It does work for me and 10 people that have it installed in thier forum. I did notice a lot of errors when I went back to look at your code. This is after you changed it to another style. You can use firefox with firebug and html validator addons to validate.

sorry for my ignorance.this code for replace,add after/before?and where sud i put this code?
i found that this code is on my forumlist alredy

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Nick** wrote:I may seem completely stupid, but since the file is .rar, how does it work?

I found software to extract it, and it worked, but then there is only one folder, and no template style or imageset folder.

Help?
I have no clue about .rar stuff
Here is a self-extracting file of the same program. Will extract to C:\Temp and will make a subfolder vphpbb3 with all the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qndadwnzyti

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Derky wrote:Below "İndir:" the ".rar" link.
Allthough the style is for 3.0.0 and not updated for the latest release of phpBB3 (3.0.1).
mavilim is updated with similar colors by the author to 3.0.2 named as mavilim-2 , also using subsilver2 buttons. It doesn't have any non-standart language html files.
http://www.phpbbturkiye.net/tema-taniti ... t3191.html
I abandoned all of my mods.
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Updated vphpbb3 to version 3.0.3

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwtj2yztdzh

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
Laurentziu

Post by Laurentziu »

Awesome memej284 . Very good job. Congratulations 8-)
Dragonsoul7

Post by Dragonsoul7 »

HY. I'm new here and I like to ask You something about the vphpbb3 style.

How much I can see its made by phpbb group, so the question is can I edit the style a little and put"mad by someone or copyright by someone". Of cure I would retain the powerd by phpbb group.
rizwan65

Post by rizwan65 »

Will this work on 3.04
Rizwan
Hot Zameen

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”