ProSilver Special merge with OverLord?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
SHIVA_

ProSilver Special merge with OverLord?

Post by SHIVA_ »

Hi, The new ProSilver Special Edition is released, which looks great. I'd be running it at 95% width and not fixed width. Which poses the following problem: I want to merge certain features from the Overlord to the new ProSilver. For example, I like the Overlord background, the black headers/frame and the way each forum highlights on hover. Granted I am running my forums at browser width and not fixed width, but how easy would this merging be? and if it's possible? Thanks, S

OverLord
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/overlord?s ... b7f69d9593

ProSilver Special
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/index.php?style=15
kiran_n444

Re: ProSilver Special merge with OverLord?

Post by kiran_n444 »

First off Its Simple to do =), I've done it a few times.

Here are the instructions to do what you want, (out of my memory so some details might be incorect)

1) Download Both Styles.

2) Replace the /theme/ folder in the proSilver style with the /theme/ folder from the overLORD style.
Basically delete the prosilver theme file and put the overlord theme files in it.

3) Done =) Its that Simple.

If somehow the above method doesn't work, try it the other way by replacing the template files of overlord with prosilver's template files.

I've done this once before to get the theme and background of a certain skin with that of a proslver based skin turned out fine for me so try it.

If you need more help PM me.
SHIVA_

Post by SHIVA_ »

hi, it can't be that simple ;)

but I try it on my dummy forum, just to see ...
SHIVA_

Post by SHIVA_ »

damn, it worked. but with one hitch. don't replace the theme folder, replace the Images folder in the theme folder, and also make sure all of unique ProSilverSpecial images are kept, but all the common ones are swapped with the Overlord. Very nice. Thanks!

Now for another question.

What's the background called in ProSilverSpecial? I'd like to change to a darker gray. And it's not "background" since that's already white. Thanks again, S
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

in colour.css

background-color: #ACA8A1;

But then your corners will show up funky cause of the corner image using the same color. :x

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”