Changing the board logo.

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
angelfish

Changing the board logo.

Post by angelfish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 am

Hi.
Yesterday I followed the instructions here in the doco. section to change the logo on my forum.
I did it all as it was written, except for one part.......the file path did not appear exactly as was in the instructions. The one given was: phpbb/styles/imageset/subsilver. Or something like that. Anyway, when choosing the file in my FTP, the closest I could get was www/styles/imageset/subsilver. So uploaded my new logo there. And then I refreshed everything, but the logo just doesn't appear.
Could someone please give me some help on this.

David Sims

Re: Changing the board logo.

Post by David Sims » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 am

Try - www/forum/styles/subsilver/imageset

Let us know how you get on.

angelfish

Post by angelfish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for your reply David. I actually typed subsilver in my last post too, when in fact I should have put prosilver. Anyway, I couldn't see "forum" on the files anywhere. So I tried again what I did yesterday, but again it didn't work.
One thing I did notice this time while in my FTP was that amongst the files there was "phpbb 2" I actually have 3.0.2 on my forum. So that's a bit strange.

Any other suggestions please ????

Kirk_Fitzgerald
Name: Kirk

Post by Kirk_Fitzgerald » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

"forum" is the root of your forum on your server, so if you have uploaded your phpBB3 files to a folder called 'myforum' then "forum" refers to the folder 'myforum'.

so your graphic would go in myforum/styles/prosilver/imageset/

Where on your server have you got phpBB2 files? They really shouldn't be in a phpBB3 folder at all!

David Sims

Post by David Sims » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Is it the site_logo.gif file you are trying to replace, then it is located within www/forum/styles/prosilver/imageset

As stated by Kirk above - I haven't got anything like a phpbb folder either! FYI my board uses Prosilver as well but is the slightly older 3.01 version.
David
My board > http://www.mgs2000.co.uk < many thanks for all of your help & assistance!

angelfish

Post by angelfish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for your replies.

I am new to administrating my own forum, so I am in la-la land at understanding everything....this included. :shock: I wish the silly "prtscrn"
would work on my keyboard and I could show you exactly as it appears in the FTP program, but it doesn't.

This is the path that I am using----public html--styles--prosilver--imageset. The FTP transfers it, but where, I have not idea as it will not show up.
Another path I have used is this: public html--www--styles--prosilver--imageset. That didn't work either.

Apart from doing these things, I have no idea what to do next.

As for phpbb 2 appearing in the public html files and folders , I haven't got a clue. You would think if I had that version on my forum that would be fine. But I don't !!!! I have 3.0.2. So shouldn't that version be appearing in there ???

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”