Cloning the ProSilver style

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Suggested Hosts
dotcom9

Cloning the ProSilver style

Post by dotcom9 »

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new style, based on ProSilver. I exported Prosilver to my PC, changed the name, edited the .cfg files in each of the Templates, Styles and ImageSets directories to give them the name of my new style. Then I activated the new style from the Styles tab. So far so good. The site still looks like ProSilver, as you'd expect, with the exception that the phpBB logo has disappeared (but I can live with that as I was going to remove it anyway).

However, when I try to edit the style (either using the database method, or the file/refresh method), the changes are not reflected in the site appearance. What am I doing wrong? I have tried refreshing the browser obviously, but to no effect.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by dotcom9 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Cloning the ProSilver style

Post by RMcGirr83 »

FWIW, you don't need to do all that...you can use the inherits system which will save you TONS of time. Take a look at the prosilver_se style which uses inherits.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
dotcom9

Re: Cloning the ProSilver style

Post by dotcom9 »

Thanks RMcGirr83, I based my custom style on ProSilver SE and it worked OK. It should have worked using a copy of ProSilver as well.

I think the problem I had may have been caused by a bug in the export style function. When you export the style, stylesheet.css ends up with all the definitions contained in the other stylesheets. When you create a clone style from a package downloaded from the styles database, that css contains import statements for the other stylesheets.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”