CSS Issue

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Suggested Hosts
oxfordsi

CSS Issue

Post by oxfordsi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Hello,

The search box at the top of the page (within the overall header) has the option to go to the advanced search option. I wish to change the colour of the text when 'un-hovered' and when hovered. Does anyone know the CSS style definition and if it can be found under 'common CSS' or under another document under the themes directory?

Thank you for your response,

Simon

iankent

Re: CSS Issue

Post by iankent » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Install Firebug and use the inspect element tool (you can just use Firebug Lite if you dont want to install it) - it'll show you which css classes etc. apply to the element you select and even tell you which lines in which file it comes from

(edit: just realised, firebug lite may not include the css inspector, so you may need the full version which I think only works in firefox)

oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks iankent! Problem i face is that there are numerous CSS scripts with plenty of entries in each, i wondered if anyone knew the direct page?!
:D

iankent

Post by iankent » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:16 pm

its #search-box and can be found in colours.css in the style's theme folder (in prosilver at least). there's also more of #search-box in common.css and links.css.

as I said, I suggest you use firebug which will help narrow it down, especially if you're using multiple themes

oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:23 pm

I'll give it a whirl, thank you! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”