Modifiy Prosilver post seperator

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
Guybor

Modifiy Prosilver post seperator

Post by Guybor »

I'm a newbie to phpbb3 as far as tweaking style sheets. I have a pretty good understanding on how it works, just not how to modify the layout.

I have a generic prosilver style we are using. My users are complaining that they are having a difficult time seeing where one post stops and a new response starts. Is there a way to highlight the top of the post so it shows a definative start to a reply.

Also, how do you darken the seperator line between the post and the signature line?

Is there a way to put a border all the way around a post?

sunsop

Re: Modifiy Prosilver post seperator

Post by sunsop »

Can't swear to this since I don't use prosilver and you don't have a link to your site to check, but it APPEARS that CSS uses a form of top border for the selector .signature
Check your stylesheet.css, find .signature, and see if one of the elements is a top border. If there is - just edit it to what you want as far as width. You should also be able to change the color if one isn't present by adding "color: #xxxxxx;" to the code.
Guybor

Post by Guybor »

Thanks sunsop.
http://forum.stonefabricatorsalliance.com/

I'll look at that area.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it is pretty simple to see when one post stops and the next one starts. there is a great big bold Re: at the start of each post.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Guybor

Post by Guybor »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:it is pretty simple to see when one post stops and the next one starts. there is a great big bold Re: at the start of each post.

robert
That's a matter of opinion. Yours and mine are the same. But a bunch of my users are use to the subsilver layout from a previous board and they are requesting a "tweak" to change this. If it wasn't too hard, I'd make the change.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”