file for all style colors?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
Arte

file for all style colors?

Post by Arte »

Hello. I recently installed a new style and I am wanting to customize it. Is there a specific file that I can edit to change the colors that appear in the theme?

The problem is I am colorblind and I want to replace every instance of one specific color with a different color.

Any ideas?
www.TheOriginalGathering.com

American/Italian Xbox Ambassador

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: file for all style colors?

Post by Christian 2.0 »

Problem is, almost everything in the style has its own colour defined in the stylesheet. All of the colours can be found in /styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css , if you're using Subsilver2 or a Subsilver2 based theme then you'll have to look in stylesheet.css .

That's the long drawn out way of doing it. If all you want to do is change the colour of the board from say...all blue to all green you're best using the following site: http://beta.colorizeit.com/index.php?st ... .prosilver

Arte

Post by Arte »

Well, if you would, look at my site. (www.theoriginalgathering.com) I want to replace all of the light grey with white. It conflicts very often in many different areas such as thread titles, post count, and hyperlinks.
www.TheOriginalGathering.com

American/Italian Xbox Ambassador

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

Arte wrote:Hello. I recently installed a new style and I am wanting to customize it. Is there a specific file that I can edit to change the colors that appear in the theme?

The problem is I am colorblind and I want to replace every instance of one specific color with a different color.

Any ideas?
If you know the exact color (#rrggbb) that you want to replace, just do a global search and replace in the folder of the style that you want to update. (Make sure you back up the original folder in case you don't like the results). If you want all colors, use "#rrggbb"; if you only want text/foreground colors, try "color: #rrggbb".

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

Planet Styles wrote:All of the colours can be found in /styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css[....]
You'd think so, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, that's not true. There are colors defined in other files, too. Search for "color:" in common.css and content.css, for example. I don't know if colours.css overrides all of those (in which case, you'd only need to change that file), but better safe than sorry.

You can see more information in the common.css doesn't work? topic.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 »

Pony99CA wrote:
Planet Styles wrote:All of the colours can be found in /styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css[....]
You'd think so, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, that's not true. There are colors defined in other files, too. Search for "color:" in common.css and content.css, for example. I don't know if colours.css overrides all of those (in which case, you'd only need to change that file), but better safe than sorry.
Hey Steve,

Yeah I bought something similar up in a topic recently (here). I don't know what Tom Beddard had in mind when making prosilver - ideally it should be "all structuring and colours together" or "structure and colours separate". Unfortunately like you say it's a mix up of both which isn't terribly great. :?

As for colours.css, because of the way stylesheet.css is made up colours.css overrides all of the colours defined in the other stylesheets. It's an answer to the "coloured defined in multiple files" problem, but not the solution. There are still flaws. For example if I wanted to remove the li.row:hover state, you have to remove it from colours.css and content.css .

This should really be sorted in future releases.

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

Planet Styles wrote: Hey Steve,

Yeah I bought something similar up in a topic recently (here). I don't know what Tom Beddard had in mind when making prosilver - ideally it should be "all structuring and colours together" or "structure and colours separate". Unfortunately like you say it's a mix up of both which isn't terribly great. :?

As for colours.css, because of the way stylesheet.css is made up colours.css overrides all of the colours defined in the other stylesheets. It's an answer to the "coloured defined in multiple files" problem, but not the solution. There are still flaws. For example if I wanted to remove the li.row:hover state, you have to remove it from colours.css and content.css .

This should really be sorted in future releases.
I agree with you, and the other issue, the file size is huge as well, due to un-needed repeats.

Daniel
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I just spent an hour tracking down something that was in content.css that I never expected to be there.

I changed all the other instances of it in both common.css and colours.css but it just wouldn't work. I finally just opened all the css files at once and did a global search for it and boom there it was in content.css.

oh well.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member

Post by Christian 2.0 »

If you're looking for something specific, and don't have a clue which stylesheet it's in, you can use a simple software called "Super text search". Browse to the "theme" folder, type the class (or ID) name you're looking for a click search. It will display a list of files that text occurs in, and you can click the file name to get a preview of where it appears in the file. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”