Some help about a template pls

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
Josh
Former Team Member
Name: Josh Simpson

Re: Some help about a template pls

Post by Josh »

And what version is the style?

Find out what phpbb version the style is currently then download and follow the codechanges packages for each phpbb version to 3.0.6
Follow the subsilver2 changes.
Josh Simpson- Formerly known as "HardStyle"
Styles: Submission Policy | Database | Knowledge Base | Demo
Please do not PM me for personal support.
zhelev81

Post by zhelev81 »

i think is http://www.websitetemplates.bz/phpbb-forums/665.html

3.0 at least it's saying 3.0 ... i do not want to mess up my skin again what is your advice ? what is the best way to back it up like it's now ?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

zhelev81 wrote:i think is http://www.websitetemplates.bz/phpbb-forums/665.html

3.0 at least it's saying 3.0 ... i do not want to mess up my skin again what is your advice ? what is the best way to back it up like it's now ?
using ftp, simply drag and drop the complete style folder to your computer. then you can make a copy of it on your computer and put that copy in a different folder .

now you should have two copies of the style folder.

use one of them to make your changes.

before you do all that. contact the people you bought it from and ask them if you can have an up to date copy of the style.

It makes no sense for you to have to update a style that you paid money for. they should not be selling out of date styles unless they are willing to update them for you.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
zhelev81

Post by zhelev81 »

i bought it few monts ago ,and I told them right away that the skin is not working properly ,then i got couple of e-mails the style is working with them with no problem and i stopped asking for anything because I knew i will not get it .... so now is the same thing and you saw that skin was not working properly we did all this with your help ... so i guess i have to do this updates by myself .... i hope someone to help me here because the sellers of the skin does not reply anymore ... i do not know where to complain :(
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

zhelev81 wrote:i bought it few monts ago ,and I told them right away that the skin is not working properly ,then i got couple of e-mails the style is working with them with no problem and i stopped asking for anything because I knew i will not get it .... so now is the same thing and you saw that skin was not working properly we did all this with your help ... so i guess i have to do this updates by myself .... i hope someone to help me here because the sellers of the skin does not reply anymore ... i do not know where to complain :(
well, if you bought it before the phpbb update then that answers the question of why it was not updated.

however, I would assume that when you buy a style from them, that they would offer updates for free.

some of their styles are very complex and the standard update methods do not work very well at times.

go ahead and do what I said above about making a copy of it and try the manual updates.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
zhelev81

Post by zhelev81 »

Lumpy Burgertushie can you tell me how to display on my template the "you have new message" somewhere under the sitelogo and when you clock on it to take you to your inbox ,this is also messed up in my template :(

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”