help with creating color variation in prosilver

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
Dawn birth

help with creating color variation in prosilver

Post by Dawn birth »

Hi, every one
I'm new here and my English is so bad,but I need some help.
I use prosilver style and I can customize it,but what I want to know is how to create multiple stylesheets for the same style and make the visitors choose their own color from a panel on the top of the page.
To understand me see this style for example :
http://demo.rockettheme.com/phpbb3/?style=versatility3
I don't want the style itself, but the way to make the "prosilver" change its color as the visitor wants.
sunsop

Re: help with creating color variation in prosilver

Post by sunsop »

You will need a javascript to do this. If you click on View/page Source, for example, you will see near the top he has a javascript named "demo.js" plus another one I forget the name of already. Below that are the individual stylesheets for those color choices. That's what you need to do.

Use your search engine of choice and search for "javascript+stylesheet selection."
Dawn birth

Post by Dawn birth »

Thank you for your co-operation, I found a javascript on dynamic drive
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... itcher.htm
can I use it for prosilver to perform the same purpose without any problems?
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

It is possible, but it goes beyond simply adding the JavaScript from DynamicDrive. phpBB uses the title="" attribute in stylesheet links to change between stylesheets for the font-size tool. This means when you add the DynamicDrive script (which also uses title="" to change between separate colour stylesheets), the new stylesheet links you've added won't work.

So you'll need to modify /template/styleswitcher.js in one way or another, although I've never tried it myself so I can't tell you much more than that.
Dawn birth

Post by Dawn birth »

Ok I'll try to use it, but if any one has another way to do this please tell me .
Thank you.
sunsop

Post by sunsop »

Dawn birth wrote:Ok I'll try to use it, but if any one has another way to do this please tell me .
Thank you.
What I would do, Dawn, is to download the original file back to your machine via FTP, modify it, then FTP it back to the location AFTER renaming the existing file. I frequently use something as simple as an "X" in front of the filename, or a month and date, like 0309filename. That way if something goes bellyup you can quickly rename the file again, overwrite the modified one, and you're back in business until you try again.
JessieBlue

Post by JessieBlue »

I am also interested in creating multiple color themes. Is the style switcher capable to detect my colors and work properly?

My idea is to create 2 color variations based on the default, and make use of the style switcher to change style color.

Is this possible? How can I do that?

Regards,
Danny
My forum: PC Adviser Forum
My shop:PC Adviser

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”