How to replace a Category Name with an Image

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Anti-Spam Guide
i10179

How to replace a Category Name with an Image

Post by i10179 »

Hello,
if you read the Topic you should know what I want to do. I've seen on an old phpbb2 Board, that the Boards Categorys where replaced thru custom Images. Could I do this also for the actual Version of phpbb3?

Cheers :)
i10179

Re: How to replace a Category Name with an Image

Post by i10179 »

Edit: Here we go with an example of what I exactly mean.. http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com/lockerroom/

I like the Idea of how in this Forum uses Images for the Forumnames. Now I would like to use Images for my Boards Categories.
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Re: How to replace a Category Name with an Image

Post by Greenweaver »

I am sure that was an old trick of putting the link of an image directly into where you would normally put the forums name. This is not available in phpBB3 but there is a new feature that allows you to have a forum image for each forum if you want to. You can find this feature where to create/edit your forum in the ACP. Though you may need to edit your template to get the desired effect you are seeking.
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”