Customized Style Opinions Sought....

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
K2-Kelly

Customized Style Opinions Sought....

Post by K2-Kelly »

Hi Everyone;

For a couple years time permitting I've been gradually developing a website, forum and photo hosting site focussed around a virtual flight simulation squadron and those interested in associated historical research. The member base and "advertisement" of it if you will, has been and will continue to be deliberately kept small not wanting a lot of traffic it for member use primarily. However on the forum itself of late due to some research, we are getting a bit more traffic so to that end I need to quit fooling around and finalize styles and settings.......Now for me this has been rather difficult so I'm sure the website and forum have many errors (having had to teach myself all aspects of site and forum building)....So not expecting it to be perfect I'd never the less like some suggestions to both make it more how I'd like, or perhaps push me in a better direction.

That said....the forum is here: http://78sentai.org/forum/

To me in 1024x768 resolution the forum looks like this:

I'm very satisfied with that aspect, and would like to keep it as such I believe......Unfortunately I believe currently it is set up so it adjusts to fit the viewers screen width hence stretching out the image. So to that end I'd like to fix the width (background 1,004px to account for scroll bar) and position (center). If I do so, would I set it to my background width, or the 1024 screen resolution width?..........Additionally, could I still use percentages for other aspects, or would I need to give them a firm number?

Secondly, you most likely are not seeing the forum with its proper font......Currently "Kudasai" font is used to make up the primary style (which you can find here if interested: http://78sentai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=175 ) and I do not have any desire to change it.....However past that, and considering the resolution/fit issue, I'd like any other suggestions you might be able to make regarding the forum (also know I have no mods installed as of yet so it is rather simplistic, and suggestions as to those would be helpful).

Thanks for any advice and opinions you care to render,

K2

CaNNon_

Re: Customized Style Opinions Sought....

Post by CaNNon_ »

Your site scales nicely for me, from 800x600 to 1600x900 the stretch is minimal due to the images your using. I didn't download the font but i did look at it and it's nice.

Only thing that looked a bit off to me was the mouse over, the color doesn't quite suit it or a better word would be complement it.

K2-Kelly

Re: Customized Style Opinions Sought....

Post by K2-Kelly »

Thanks for your input......ANyone else?

K2

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”