required_template and template inheritance

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
king577

required_template and template inheritance

Post by king577 »

What the follwing lines in the file style.cfg can do?

Code: Select all

required_template = prosilver
required_theme = prosilver
required_imageset = prosilver
What is the difference between required_template = prosilver and inherit_from = prosilver?
(I read this article: http://blog.phpbb.com/2008/07/31/templa ... ot-easier/)

thank you!
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)

Brandon05
Name: Brandon Kaylor

Re: required_template and template inheritance

Post by Brandon05 »

Hey,
Development Team wrote:Now a simple declaration “inherit_from” in the template configuration file will tell the template engine to fall back to files of a different template set, if there is anything missing in the current one.
Whereas required_template = prosilver is for using another style other than prosilver and inherit is just a backup for missing items in prosilver based styles.

Regards,
Brandon

king577

Post by king577 »

thanks!

Just for make sure I understand:
if I add the line required_theme = prosilver in the file style.cfg of my style - than my style will use the CSS files that are located in prosilver/theme ?
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)

Brandon05
Name: Brandon Kaylor

Post by Brandon05 »

I have never used it before styling for phpBB. I have only used the inherit feature in my cfgs. But I believe your correct it will use the css from prosilver.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”