Server is MIA

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
Cptnhowdy69

Server is MIA

Post by Cptnhowdy69 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 am

I signed up for a free phpBB forum, and downloaded a style I like form the database.. The documentation says to install the style I first need to unzip the file, then upload the folder to my forums server. However, I have no idea what my host or port is. I'm assuming I use my regular admin login and password. Could someone please give me some directions as to where to find out this info?
Last edited by Cptnhowdy69 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Re: Server is MIA

Post by Tom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:31 am

Free forum hosts, like the one you are using, do not allow administrators to access the files on the forum's server. Therefore, you will not be able to install styles that you download from the Styles Database on your free hosted forum. This is one of the many drawbacks of using a free forum hosting service to host your forum as opposed to getting some server space of your own and installing phpBB manually. In fact, it's one of the reasons why phpBB.com offers only limited support for phpBB forums hosted using free forum hosts. ;)
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

Cptnhowdy69

Re: Server is MIA

Post by Cptnhowdy69 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 am

Now that explains alot... Thank you

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”