You may have seen our previous topic announcing the Junior Style Validators program. We are happy to report that two community members recently graduated from the program (congratulations TheIlluminative and rahber) to become full team members! We are now looking for several new JSVs and would like to tell you more about the program.
What is a Junior Style Validator?
A Junior Style Validator assists the Styles Team in validating user submitted styles in the Styles section of the Customisation Database.
What are the duties of a Junior Style Validator?
Junior Style Validators download and install newly submitted Style from the Styles section of the Customisation Database. They check for any visible errors with the styles and together create a report with comments and suggestions. The style then receives a status ('Validating', 'deny', 'repack', etc.) and continues through the validation process. If any issues are found, the styles author receives a helpful report from the Styles Team.
Why should I become a Junior Style Validator?
- Directly contribute to one of the greatest OSS communities on the internet.
- Work your way toward full team membership and the awesome pink rank.
- Collaborate with other individuals from around the world while improving your existing skills.
What are the requirements?
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of xHTML, CSS, phpBB's default styles, and the templating system.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (perfect English is not required).
- Must understand the Styles Submission Policy.
You can apply to be a Junior Style Validator via the form that is available on the Junior Style Validator page. Successful applicants will receive a private message with additional information.