Problem with PNG borders in IE9

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
uk_martin

Problem with PNG borders in IE9

Post by uk_martin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a style that is based on ProSilver which works well enough in it's 3.04 guise on this site - www.brummiesfans.com Well it works in everything other than IE6, due to PNG compatability issues in that broken browser, but we'll gloss over that....

However I am now updating the style, file by file, on my development site - www.ukmartin.com. As you can see there, the border that works in IE7 to IE9 on my brummiesfans.com site refuses to play ball in IE9 on ukmartin.com now. It is OK in Firefox though on ukmartin.com.

Admittedly I am not finished with the upgrade (much still to do) but at this early stage to have such a major issue is a little disappointing. My strategy for upgrading my style is to start from a 3.08 version of Prosilver, then update the CSS files from my original 3.04 style, before overwriting them in the ProSilver > Themes folder. That bit is done. The Graphics have been copied over too. I'm now onto the Templates, which are also at the stage where I have the Templates folder full of Prosilver files, with the exception of the overall_header.html file which I've updated and copied over. Most of the styling instructions are contained in that file, but of course there is this one big glitch.

Is there a quick fix for this or something that will get sorted out when other files get updated?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Martin

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: Problem with PNG borders in IE9

Post by Arty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 am

Everything looks fine to me, except for repeating background image for "news index" links below header and in footer.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

uk_martin

Post by uk_martin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

CyberAlien wrote:Everything looks fine to me, except for repeating background image for "news index" links below header and in footer.
This is the one line of code in the Overall Header that has News Index in it...can you tell me what's wrong with it please?

Code: Select all

<!-- ELSE --><li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_PORTAL}">Home</a> <span class="icon-sep"> &nbsp; &nbsp; </span> <a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">News Index</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <span class="icon-sep"> &nbsp; &nbsp; </span> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --> <!-- BEGIN dl_nav --> <span class="icon-sep"> &nbsp; &nbsp; </span> <a href="{dl_nav.U_DOWNLOAD}">{dl_nav.L_DOWNLOAD}</a><!-- END dl_nav --></li>

Thanks

Martin

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 am

Its not html code, its in css. Add background-repeat:no-repeat to .icon-sep
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

uk_martin

Post by uk_martin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Problem sorted...

Replaced some template files with those out of ProSilver SE. Then copied over the "critical" DIV's from my old overall_header.html file (e.g. Smart Menu etc) into the version from ProSilver, and BINGO!

I did try the background-repeat:no-repeat, but that didn't make a difference.

OK, one step closer, many miles still to go...

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”