Star Wars: The Old Republic - style fix (swtor)

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
complexxLT

Star Wars: The Old Republic - style fix (swtor)

Post by complexxLT » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 am

Hi,
there is this swtor style for download here: http://swtor.markupworks.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18
It looks really good on the forums it's hosted, but in fact the version for download is unfinished (as can be seen here: http://sw-tor.lt/forum/ buttons and icons are from default prosilver style) and I can't contact author.
Was wondering if anyone with the right knowledge would finish this style for swtor guilds to use?

I've attached all the files I've downloaded from that "good" version of style from this forum http://swtor.markupworks.com/ (by typing path to files and saving them).
It doesn't work, but maybe it requires a really small tweak and someone with the right knowledge might fix it really easy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2fheas

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - style fix (swtor)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:11 pm

I think what you have done looks fine. the only difference I see is that the forum read and unread images have not been changed:
http://swtor.markupworks.com/styles/swt ... m_read.gif
get those done and it will be indentical except for the changes you have made for your site.

also, the question will then be, is the style going to be up to date for 3.0.9

it currently is not and some features like the q&a captcha won't work and maybe others depending on how old that style is.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

complexxLT

Post by complexxLT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 am

The download version is for 3.0.7 I think. I have absolutely no knowledge how to fix it other then to replace the icon files, but when I do that the button icons do not fit in frames. In fact neither of those links are my forums, so it might already be modified there by the other developer.
Still I was looking if anyone would take this style and fix it to be compatible with 3.0.9, swtor community would be most pleased.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:53 pm

ok, I am confused here. which one is your board? if neither then please post a link to what you are working on so we can help you .

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

GaleforceRin

Post by GaleforceRin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm currently trying to modify the same phpbb style. I have gotten success in getting the icons to show up (at least I think so? They show up on my screen but I had an odd bit of trouble getting them to work). The only problem I have left now is that once you post more then 4 threads in a forum, the background behind the threads turn white.

Any idea how I might be able to fix this? [Edit: Forum link removed. We no longer use this forum style anyhow.]
Last edited by GaleforceRin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

pit-PL

Post by pit-PL » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:55 pm

In colours.css find .forumbg { add after background-color: #121828;

GaleforceRin

Post by GaleforceRin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!

rodr0725

Post by rodr0725 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Does anyone have the source to this wonderful theme? I'd love to tweek it for empire guilds. I didn't see a down load link on the original authors site. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 pm

rodr0725 wrote:Does anyone have the source to this wonderful theme? I'd love to tweek it for empire guilds. I didn't see a down load link on the original authors site. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!
bottom of first post

rodr0725

Post by rodr0725 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks, I had check there originally but I overlooked the link, located at the bottom of the screen, that was labeled "Click here to start download from sendspace". I guess I got side tracked by the first two links labeled "download now".

In any event thank-you very much... I look forward to adjusting this amazing theme to be a little more empire!

-Cheers

d503

Post by d503 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 am

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
rodr0725 wrote:Does anyone have the source to this wonderful theme? I'd love to tweek it for empire guilds. I didn't see a down load link on the original authors site. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!
bottom of first post
I downloaded and installed on my site, but I'm not getting the same look as the others. A few things that are off include the post images (expected) as well as the some of the CSS colours for links and things like blockquote. Is this a compatibility issue? I tried pasting in the CSS from the original site, and it didn't seem to work.

Has anyone modified this theme to make it seamless with 3.0.9?

Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Post by Sajaki » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:15 am

Elderdeekey

Post by Elderdeekey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 am

I've installed the latest version of this style and noticed a strange bug only in IE9 (no such thing in Firefox 7) - http://www.realpapa.ru/osg/phpBB3/
empty line just below major logo and picture and above "Board Index" line.

Any hints on how to fix it?
Thanks, Elder.

complexxLT

Post by complexxLT » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 am

Anyone interested in using/contributing to this style plz check it here - http://www.bbdkp.com/viewtopic.php?p=10269#p10269

Faithnall

Post by Faithnall » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi,

YES i´m very interisted on thes Style, but i donßt need and want DKP, so your try is fine but not for me.

So i only surch for a 3.0.10 Version Standart without any Mods.

The Version from first Post dosen´t work by me, Cat´s an Forums will not shown with the viewforum_body.html inside the style.

Any Idea ?

PS.: sry for this try of english. I´m from Germany

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”