Logo / Header Width

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
MP5-THuG

Logo / Header Width

Post by MP5-THuG »

I just added a logo and I want to make it a full size banner the width of the page. Problem is, the dimensions that look right on one computer don't look right on another. Is there a way to stretch the logo to a % of the display area rather than set pixel dimensions?

TheSnake

Re: Logo / Header Width

Post by TheSnake »

There are various factors at play, is it a small icon or full width banner image, logo with background colour? If it is a full width image, the image could possibly distort out of shape, or repeat/multiply across the width of the screen on larger monitors.

I would suggest you take a look at [How To] Modify prosilver's header for possible ideas for what you want/need.

MP5-THuG

Post by MP5-THuG »

TheSnake wrote:There are various factors at play, is it a small icon or full width banner image, logo with background colour? If it is a full width image, the image could possibly distort out of shape, or repeat/multiply across the width of the screen on larger monitors.

I would suggest you take a look at [How To] Modify prosilver's header for possible ideas for what you want/need.
Thanks for the reply TheSnake.

It's a full size banner. I'm trying to make it stretch to fit the screen width-wise, but setting the width by pixels is not working well for me, as seeting it to look right on my PC makes it look too wide on my laptop where the resolution is lower, and vise versa.

Here is the site for visual reference.
http://www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

that is the point. you can 't really make an image resize for all resolutions or even more than one.

it would have to stretch/shrink to fit and therefore it would distort.

the way some people do it is to overlay image in a div that has a background color that is from the image or at least a complimentary color. that way, the image stays the same size and the backgroun div will adjust to fit the resolution.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

MP5-THuG

Post by MP5-THuG »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that is the point. you can 't really make an image resize for all resolutions or even more than one.

the way some people do it is to overlay image in a div that has a background color that is from the image or at least a complimentary color. that way, the image stays the same size and the backgroun div will adjust to fit the resolution.

robert
Thank you Robert. That makes sense. I am actually planning on re-doing my logo, that was a quick sketch on the laptop just to put something up. I believe the background is set by default to stretch, so if I change it to a solid color like black, and make the logo gradient out to black on both sides, then center it, it should fit in seamlessly no? I was thinking about 890px wide, what do you think would be a good width so that it's not too wide for anyone, at least the common resolutions.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

MP5-THuG wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that is the point. you can 't really make an image resize for all resolutions or even more than one.

robert
Thank you Robert. That makes sense. I am actually planning on re-doing my logo, that was a quick sketch on the laptop just to put something up. I believe the background is set by default to stretch, so if I change it to a solid color like black, and make the logo gradient out to black on both sides, then center it, it should fit in seamlessly no? I was thinking about 890px wide, what do you think would be a good width so that it's not too wide for anyone, at least the common resolutions.
that sounds like a very good way to do it. that width should also work very well.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”