Header Centering

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
Big-Jim

Header Centering

Post by Big-Jim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm

If you are using prosilver and you want to center something in the header, what file do you need to edit?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Header Centering

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Big-Jim wrote:If you are using prosilver and you want to center something in the header, what file do you need to edit?
styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

and/or

styles/prosilver/theme/common.css

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Big-Jim

Post by Big-Jim » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

I am a little confused. I went into the overall_header and applied a "center" command as follows.

<center><h1>{SITENAME}</h1>
<p>{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</p></center>

I am assuming since you said "and/or" that I need to edit the "common css" file as well. What am I looking for in the common css file and what code do I need to use?

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 am

You didn't explicitly state that your change didn't work, but I'm presuming that's why you've posted again. Did you refresh your template after making the change?

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Big-Jim

Post by Big-Jim » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 am

Sorry for not being more clear on that. You are correct in your presumption, after I made that change I tried it and it wasn't working. After I made the second post I had to run some errands and when I got back home I went into the Admin Panel and purged the cache. That did it, now it is centered.

Thanks guys for the help, it is much appreciated.

While I was playing around trying to get it to work, I decided to see what Subsilver-2 would look like. I looked at the preview and I think it looks pretty cool, so I decided to make it the default style for a little while to see how well the members like it. So I activated it and made it the default style, but for some reason when I go to the forum it hasn't changed to the new default style, it stayed at the old Prosilver style.

So I refreshed the browser and cleared the browser history, then I went into the Admin panel and purged the cache again. Unfortunately, that didn't do any good. I assume I am doing something wrong, or I am not doing something I should be doing, or maybe it is a full moon and I am going crazy. But in any case, for my own piece of mind, I would like to get this figured out. I don't have to change the way the site looks, I just want to know why it isn't working just in case I want to make a change someday, and because when something doesn't work it bugs me.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 am

if you want everyone to see/use a style you have to set the "override user" to yes in the board settings page right under where the default style is set.

when you set a style to default and don't choose override user then it is only default for guests/not logged in members. once someone logs in they will see whatever style is set in their profile.

if your case, you must have the other style set in your profile so you do not see subsilver. log out to see what style is displayed.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Big-Jim

Post by Big-Jim » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I checked the box for "override user" and that worked. I wasn't aware that it worked that way. I had thought if you picked the style you wanted and made it the default style, then deactivated the other styles, the only active style would be the one that everyone saw when they visited the forum. Apparently that is not the case.

Once again, thanks for the help. I learned something new and that is always a good thing.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”