How do I fix this broken tag?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
RaidersTalk

How do I fix this broken tag?

Post by RaidersTalk »

I looked in overall_footer and a couple other footer files but cannot find it. Here is a screenshot:

Here is the URL to the page http://raiderstalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2. You have to be logged in to see the error. Please let me know where the broken tag is located. Thank you.
RaidersTalk

Re: How do I fix this broken tag?

Post by RaidersTalk »

So I did find it in the overall footer, but I am still trying to fix it:

<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a></li>
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li>

If anyone knows how to correct the error. Please let me know. Thanks.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this line:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->>
has a closing > but no opening <

I assume it is supposed to be like this:

<li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->>
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

I thought that fixed the problem, but then I noticed there is something extra in the code now:

<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bookmark"><a href="{U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}" title="{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}">{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF U_BUMP_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bump"><a href="{U_BUMP_TOPIC}" title="{L_BUMP_TOPIC}">{L_BUMP_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

I cannot find it in the code but I can see it in the page. Here is a screenshot:

What could be causing that to happen?
Lumpy Burgertushie

what is causing this is that you are not doing the code additions for that MOD correctly.

I would go back and start over with the MOD instructions and try again.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:what is causing this is that you are not doing the code additions for that MOD correctly.

I would go back and start over with the MOD instructions and try again.

robert
There are no mods installed. Its just a basic install using the pro_mod style.
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

Change line 11 and 12 to

<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Lumpy Burgertushie

sorry about that. I was thinking you had the forum watch MOD installed.

since the style is pit's I am sure his instructions will fix it for you.

robert

RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

pit-PL wrote:Change line 11 and 12 to

<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Thank you that worked. :D
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:sorry about that. I was thinking you had the forum watch MOD installed.

since the style is pit's I am sure his instructions will fix it for you.

robert
No problem. Thanks for your help.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Hey pit-PL, thanks again for helping fix the tags. It's a really cool style and runs smooth on all my Android devices and my PC.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”