How do i get rid of silver board index banner.

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Anti-Spam Guide
White_Rabbit

How do i get rid of silver board index banner.

Post by White_Rabbit »

Here is a picture of what i am talking about!
Attachments
Boardindexbar.png
Boardindexbar.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 319 times
HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: How do i get rid of silver board index banner.

Post by HGN »

Please give a link to your board.
White_Rabbit

Post by White_Rabbit »

HGN wrote:Please give a link to your board.
http://www.loveshearbs.x10.mx/
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

The code for that banner is in /styles/the_matrix/template/overall_header.html:

Code: Select all

<div><div class="navbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="return fontsizeup(event);" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>
			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>

</div>
That banner is shown on top of all pages of the board. What exactly do you want to remove?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what do you mean by "get rid of"?

what do you want instead?

where did you download the style?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
White_Rabbit

Post by White_Rabbit »

HGN wrote:The code for that banner is in /styles/the_matrix/template/overall_header.html:

<div><div class="navbar">

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="return fontsizeup(event);" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>
		</div>

</div>
That banner is shown on top of all pages of the board. What exactly do you want to remove?
I would like t remove that banned on all pages. The Matrix Style by Vinny is the theme i am using. I do not remember where i downloaded it from.
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

Well if you are 100% sure you want to remove all of that banner, you can remove the code I posted from overall_header.html.
After editing a template file (html) you need to go into the ACP, STYLES, Templates and refresh the templates for that style.
White_Rabbit

Post by White_Rabbit »

HGN wrote:Well if you are 100% sure you want to remove all of that banner, you can remove the code I posted from overall_header.html.
After editing a template file (html) you need to go into the ACP, STYLES, Templates and refresh the templates for that style.
That worked thank you!
White_Rabbit

Post by White_Rabbit »

Theres the one at the bottom to i didnt see lol how do i remove that one also?
Attachments
NewsBannerBlp.png
NewsBannerBlp.png (78.21 KiB) Viewed 258 times
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

You are aware that the bar shows more than just a link to the board index?
E.g. Links to subscribe top forums/topics, to bookmark a topic, to delete the board cookies.

That bar is in styles/the_matrix/template/overall_footer.html:

<div class="navbar">

<ul class="linklist">
			<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_FORUM -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{S_WATCH_FORUM_LINK}" title="{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}">{S_WATCH_FORUM_TITLE}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_WATCH_TOPIC --><li <!-- IF S_WATCHING_TOPIC -->class="icon-unsubscribe"<!-- ELSE -->class="icon-subscribe"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_WATCH_TOPIC}" title="{L_WATCH_TOPIC}">{L_WATCH_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bookmark"><a href="{U_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}" title="{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}">{L_BOOKMARK_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_BUMP_TOPIC --><li class="icon-bump"><a href="{U_BUMP_TOPIC}" title="{L_BUMP_TOPIC}">{L_BUMP_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			<li class="rightside"><!-- IF U_TEAM --><a href="{U_TEAM}">{L_THE_TEAM}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{U_DELETE_COOKIES}">{L_DELETE_COOKIES}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->{S_TIMEZONE}</li>
		</ul>

</div>

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”