Size of topic body changes

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
DennisT33

Size of topic body changes

Post by DennisT33 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Ok, this is weird. Just when I thought I had my width fixed for this style (etech green) I now have to find out that my topic bodies sometimes show up wider (but not all). The forum body shows fine for index, viewforum and posting. But not on viewtopic. Sometimes it shows the right width but most of the time it doesn't. And no, it is not because there are images posted in these topics that may bust the body.

I assume I need to change something in viewtopic_body.html but so far I havent had any luck with that. Possibly something with max-width? May I post some links to my forum so that you can see what I mean and also take a look at the code as to what may be wrong? I'm kind of at a loss here.

Index: http://welt-der-hexen.de (this is how the width is supposed to be)
view forum: http://welt-der-hexen.de/viewforum.php?f=12 (this is how the width is supposed to be)
Now go to topic "Was ist eine Hexe" - The width shows as it is supposed to be
But then go to "Magischer Schutz" or "Hexenflaschen - Witch Bottles" or any other topic and see how the body gets a bit wider? It even seems to change around. Like one time it will show correct and another time it wont. Just keep clicking on these topics and you will see what I mean. Help please? :?

DennisT33

Re: Size of topic body changes

Post by DennisT33 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm still having this problem. Sometimes when I reload the topic url the body size adjusts itself and shows up fine again - but not all the time. What could this be?

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:55 am

Hi there!

Hmm, sounds like an interesting problem. I checked a lot of the pages on your site, but on my monitor all pages are loading at 945px width and none are larger / smaller.

Could you let me know which browser you're using and which operating system / screen resolution you're running?

Thanks! :)

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 am

Looks fine to me
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”