I need help for user profile view

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
BlackHeart9407

I need help for user profile view

Post by BlackHeart9407 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:55 am

Hi all, im wondering how can i put a header in the user profiles.
I will attach a image to see
Attachments
asd.png
Here is the image
Don't be the same, be better! - Life Advice

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: I need help for user profile view

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 pm

can you explain what the purpose of this is? that will help us to help you.
and what style you are using etc.
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

BlackHeart9407

Post by BlackHeart9407 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:can you explain what the purpose of this is? that will help us to help you.
and what style you are using etc.
robert
i use Modernize Style. I want this "custom header for user's" because i think it will look better than now and it will be more stylish

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 pm

well, basically, you find the html file that makes that page and add whatever html/css you want.

now, without knowing what you are wanting to put in this "custom header" that will look better and help your members, I can't help much more than that.
also, I can't find a style named "modernize" . do you have a link to that style.

robert

BlackHeart9407

Post by BlackHeart9407 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:well, basically, you find the html file that makes that page and add whatever html/css you want.

now, without knowing what you are wanting to put in this "custom header" that will look better and help your members, I can't help much more than that.
also, I can't find a style named "modernize" . do you have a link to that style.

robert
here is the link of the theme http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... modernize-
i dont have html or css skills, that is the reason that i search help here .. because i hope its not so hard to put header in users profile

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:23 pm

ok, I found the style. now, what do you want to put in this custom header? what is is for?

robert

BlackHeart9407

Post by BlackHeart9407 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:ok, I found the style. now, what do you want to put in this custom header? what is is for?

robert
ok i will try to explain. It's a custom header which the user can choose what header can put by him self. I don't want to be my header for advertise. i want that option to be in user profile, to can put user profile picture and this custom "header" for example i will show you > http://www.maxcheaters.com/user/70099-le-memer-master/ something like this i want

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:05 pm

ok, I get the idea I think. that example you posted is no good because you have to be logged in to see it.

however, this is not something you can do by simply editing the html. it would have to be a MOD created for phpbb 3.0
the problem is that phpbb 3.0 is reaching its end of life status and no more MODs are being accepted for it.

the first thing I would do if you do not want to upgrade to 3.1 would be to choose a different style. that one is very poorly written, it has mistakes all over the place in the code and it is hard coded with a lot of images and language other than english etc.

but, like I said, you can't get what you are wanting unless you find someone to write up the MOD that creates it. you can't do in normal phpbb at all. even if you upgrade to 3.1 you would still have to request someone to create a extension for you that would add that type of function to phpbb.

luck,
robert

BlackHeart9407

Post by BlackHeart9407 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:ok, I get the idea I think. that example you posted is no good because you have to be logged in to see it.

however, this is not something you can do by simply editing the html. it would have to be a MOD created for phpbb 3.0
the problem is that phpbb 3.0 is reaching its end of life status and no more MODs are being accepted for it.

the first thing I would do if you do not want to upgrade to 3.1 would be to choose a different style. that one is very poorly written, it has mistakes all over the place in the code and it is hard coded with a lot of images and language other than english etc.

but, like I said, you can't get what you are wanting unless you find someone to write up the MOD that creates it. you can't do in normal phpbb at all. even if you upgrade to 3.1 you would still have to request someone to create a extension for you that would add that type of function to phpbb.

luck,
robert
thank you for the long explanation.
Admin or moderator can lock the topic.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”