® looks too big in site name

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Scam Warning
CarolC1

® looks too big in site name

Post by CarolC1 »

The website name is a registered trademark so the site owner wanted to put the ® symbol after the name. When I copy the ® from Word into the Site name field in Board settings, it displays full size. :? Normally the ® is smaller than the lettering. Is there any way I can get the ® to display smaller?

Thanks!

Edit to Add: Trying the superscript <sup></sup>tags directly in the config table on the test board and it reduces the size of the ® so it's somewhat better, but it is not floating like a superscript would be expected to do. Also, I don't know if there might be some problem doing it that way, that is not obvious?
Last edited by CarolC1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: ® looks too big in site name

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

link to the board so we can see what you have done.

or at least post the code you created to make it work.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
CarolC1

Re: ® looks too big in site name

Post by CarolC1 »

Code: Select all

SITE NAME<sup>®</sup> TEST
This is how I'm trying it on the test board by editing the field in the config table, but I'm not sure this is safe to do?

Sorry, I was editing while you were posting.

Thanks!

ETA: That doesn't work, it shows html in the tab, wasn't a good idea.

ETA2: If I hardcode it into overall header it displays smaller and does not show html in the tab. It would be OK this way as long as I'm not missing something.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”