Announcement in xand

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
TJK
Name: Tolaso J Kos

Announcement in xand

Post by TJK »

Hi there,

Following the instructions from here on how to make an announcement in xand I don't get the result presented there but instead I get this:
announcement.phpbb.jpg
announcement.phpbb.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
That is I get the announcement box but I also get that extra black box that is above it. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?
Hire me for your update/upgrade forum inquiries or your forum tasks (installation , set up , etc)
Have I been of any help today? Buy me a beer.
pit-PL

Re: Announcement in xand

Post by pit-PL »

I've been staring at the picture for 5 minutes, and still don't know how that dot may help. :)
Joking aside, put that announcement bar in a different place, and see what happens.
TJK

Post by TJK »

pit-PL wrote:I've been staring at the picture for 5 minutes, and still don't know how that dot may help. :)
That was the demon of photoshop. :lol: :lol: :)
pit-PL wrote: Joking aside, put that announcement bar in a different place, and see what happens.
Placing it at the end of the overall_header.html works but the border won't appear which is fine with me though.

Thanks for the advice pit-pl.
Hire me for your update/upgrade forum inquiries or your forum tasks (installation , set up , etc)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

undo the changes to the overall_header.html file and do it this way instead:

find:

Code: Select all

<div class="datebar">
		<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><span style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">{LAST_VISIT_DATE}</span><!-- ENDIF -->
		<span style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};">{CURRENT_TIME}</span>
	</div>
after, add:

Code: Select all

<div class="announcebar">
   <table class="gen">
      <tr>
         <td><strong>Bertie for president!</strong> - <a href="https://www.phpbb.com/shop/" title="Buy a Bertie">Buy a Mascot</a></td>
      </tr>
   </table>
</div>
that should make it work. there is just enough difference between subsilver2 and xand that the instrucitons won't work properly in xand.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TJK

Post by TJK »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: that should make it work. there is just enough difference between subsilver2 and xand that the instrucitons won't work properly in xand.
Thanks Robert but they won't work properly either in subsilver2 and I don't know why. I have tested that before I tried doing it to xand.

However, in prosilver they work fine.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

just tried it in subsilver2 and followed the instructions exactly. it works just fine there.
not sure what you may have done wrong in subsilver2
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”