Prosilver Header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Anti-Spam Guide
Paul_M

Prosilver Header

Post by Paul_M »

Hello, I've been asking in a few places for help with this but nobody seems to know or get what I mean.

I'm trying to change the header on Prosilver, the 2 changes are...
1 - Remove the margin/padding/space from the top of the header (green arrows in pic I've added)
2 - Make the header wider so it's like a site wide bar (red arrows in pic)

Basically I want it to look like the bottom image, I've been trying for hours and everytime I get somewhere i notice something else moves with it :oops:

If it's possible - any help would be appreciated , please and thanks :)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Prosilver Header

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you have posted in the 3.0 forum so I assume that is what you are using. therefore;

be sure to refresh your template and theme after making the changes and then your browser.

here is what I did to get what you want:

overall_header.html

find and cut:

Code: Select all

<div class="navbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>‹</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="return fontsizeup(event);" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
			<ul class="linklist leftside">
				<li class="icon-ucp">
					<a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="e">{L_PROFILE}</a>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --> (<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a>)<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<ul class="linklist rightside">
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED and not (S_SHOW_COPPA or S_REGISTRATION) --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="x">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>
find:

<div id="page-body">
on a new line after, add:

<div class="navbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>‹</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="return fontsizeup(event);" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
			<ul class="linklist leftside">
				<li class="icon-ucp">
					<a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="e">{L_PROFILE}</a>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --> (<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a>)<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<ul class="linklist rightside">
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED and not (S_SHOW_COPPA or S_REGISTRATION) --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="x">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>

common.css

find:

#wrap {
	padding: 0 20px;
	min-width: 650px;
}

#simple-wrap {
	padding: 6px 10px;
}

#page-body {
	margin: 4px 0;
	clear: both;
}
replace with:

#wrap {
	padding: 0px;
	min-width: 650px;
}

#simple-wrap {
	padding: 6px 10px;
}

#page-body {
	margin: 4px 20px;
	clear: both;
}
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Paul_M

Post by Paul_M »

Hey thanks Robert,

I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong but those changes are expanding the navbar and forums as well as the header bar?

The only way i found to get the header bar to widen was to go to the .headerbar and adding:

margin-left: -20px;
	margin-right: -20px;
But i'm not sure if margins like that are a good idea?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

whatever works, works. however, I tested those instructions and on prosilver they work perfectly.

the header bar expands to fill to the sides of the wrap and the rest of the body maintains its 20 pixel padding.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Paul_M

Post by Paul_M »

Robert, Thanks again for your help, You were right :oops: i cut the bit you said and pasted the new bit straight over it, if i had read it slower i might have noticed you said add it after div id="page-body" :lol:
All sorted now though.
Thanks again.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”