Flash header in AcidTech

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
valpatine32020

Flash header in AcidTech

Post by valpatine32020 »

I am using the acidtech basic blue theme and I would like to replace the standard header with the biohazard sign to a flash banner we had custom made. How would I go about doing this, I tried one tutorial here of replacing the header logo image with my flash name, and the other one I saw seemed like it was just meant for adding a banner instead of replacing my old one, although I could be wrong.

Also, how do you add an icon to a post? Can't seem to figure it out, lol.
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: Flash header in AcidTech

Post by Arty »

In overall_header.html find this: <a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
and replace it with code for flash header. Make sure path to swf file is relative to phpBB root directory, not to html file.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
valpatine32020

Post by valpatine32020 »

Code: Select all

<a href="styles/acidtech/imageset/clan.swf">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
Would that be right
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Nope. Flash files aren't images, they are objects.
valpatine32020

Post by valpatine32020 »

What would the code look like? Sorry not too good at this.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Something like this:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="{WIDTH}" height="{HEIGHT}"><param name="movie" value="{URL}" /><param name="play" value="1" /><param name="loop" value="1" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="{URL}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="{WIDTH}" height="{HEIGHT}" play="1" loop="1" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="never"></embed></object>
Replace {WIDTH} with width of movie, {HEIGHT} with height of movie, {URL} with swf file url.
valpatine32020

Post by valpatine32020 »

<a href="{U_INDEX}"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="902" height="104"><param name="movie" value="styles/acidtech/imageset/SurvivorsofChaos.swf" /><param name="play" value="1" /><param name="loop" value="1" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="styles/acidtech/imageset/SurvivorsofChaos.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="902" height="104" play="1" loop="1" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="never"></embed></object></a>
OK I replaced the line with that, I don't think its right, after I refreshed the template everything was the same.
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Remove <a href="{U_INDEX}"> and </a>
valpatine32020

Post by valpatine32020 »

Still isn't working, any ideas?
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Probably you put wrong url to swf file, or edited html file incorrectly.
FallenSage

Post by FallenSage »

Make sure you clear the cache of the forum a lot of people don't notice changes for this reason ;) .
REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N »

Greetings all! I'm loving PHPBB3 so far but much like the starter of this thread, I too am having issues getting a flash banner to replace the graphical banner in this theme. I noticed that CyberAlien is actually the creator of this theme and I too tried your suggested changes but they do not seem to be working correctly. More specifically simply changing this code:

<a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
to an embed tag for a flash file did not produce the desired results. I was actually able to see everything just fine in Firefox but IE simply displayed the banner and nothing else. Other users who were helping me test this could not see anything in any browser, they simply got a grey background; no phpbb3 loading up. Not sure why I could see it in Firefox and others could not. More over, in IE I noticed that it seemed like the page wanted to keep reloading itself every 5 seconds or so.

Here are a few things I noticed... in the overall_header.html file when you replace the code as you explained there will be tags left over that are unrecognized (tr and td tags). I also took a look at your div layers as they reference a left and right field. Trying to manipulate these entries, or more honestly removing them altogether did yield better results in IE but again nothing else would load. In Firefox this change killed everything to where I only saw the gray background. I rolled everything back to its original state in order to attempt this again today - which I am about to do now. I am thinking that the <embed> tag is probably messing this up as latest versions of IE don't like it. I am going to instead try doing something like I use on most flash work I publish these days and call the file via javascript, much like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
I use that first to call up the js file, then:

<div align="center">
<div id="horizon", align="center">
<div id="flashcontent", align="center">
<p align="center"><span class="upgradeText">You are seeing this page either because
    you don't have Flash<br />
or because you have to upgrade your Flash Player. </span></p>
<p align="center"><span class="upgradeText"><b>Step 1:</b><br />
      <br />
      <a href='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflash' target='_blank'>Click here
      to install or upgrade your Flash Player</a> <br />
  <br />
  <br />
      <b>Step 2:</b><br />
      <br />
      <a href='LINK TO FLASH HTML PAGE'>Click here
      to enter the site once you have your Flash Player installed</a></span></p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new FlashObject("LINK TO SWF FILE", "NAME", "WIDTH", "HEIGHT", "8", "#000000");
        fo.addParam("base", "PATH TO SWF FILE");
		fo.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
		fo.addParam("menu", "false");
		fo.addParam("scale", "noscale");
        fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>
</div>	  
</div>
Now I have not tried this yet but in all honesty it's the only thing left I know to try. I will post my results if it works. In the meantime, does anyone have any other ideas? CyberAlien, were you actually able to get this to work simply using the method you described above? If so, do you have an example online?
REVELAT10N

Post by REVELAT10N »

OK... I got it to work. Pay close attention to the code as you will need to get rid of the "left" and "right" div tags. Base your code off my example; I am including the entire piece so you can see it:

<tr>
	<td id="logorow" align="center">
		<a href="{U_INDEX}"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="800" height="200">
                    <param name="movie" value="styles/acidtech_tiger/theme/images/forum_header.swf">
                    <param name="quality" value="high">
                    <embed src="styles/acidtech_tiger/theme/images/forum_header.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="200"></embed>
             </object></a>
	</div></div></td>
</tr>
So in fact you do not remove the <a href="{U_INDEX}"> or the </a> tags as previously mentioned. I did and it would not display properly in both Firefox and IE. This way works in both. I am going to try using the javascript now instead of the embed tag now in an attempt to rid myself of that selection box that appears around flash in IE when you use the embed tag.
damaestro

Post by damaestro »

Thanks, revelation, I really thought that was the answer. I've been trying to do this for 2 days. I cannot get your code to run either. I have been trying all kinds of stuff to understand what is going on. I have been clearing the cache and resetting the styles, trying different styles...It either has something to do with the parameters storing in the db or the program cannot see my logo.swf. I put it in theme/images like you said. I am gonna try the js thing when it works this way first. http://maestrographics.net/bb Any help is appreciated.
Doug

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”